Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Lost my buddy this morning.

Really sorry for your families loss!! It’s so tough losing a faithful friend. Rest In Peace little buddy

14 years ago my Grandad found a scrawny, starving, 6 week old puppy in the brush pile beside his house. When we came for a visit the next week, my son (8 years old at the time) fell in love with her. My Grandad looked me in the eye and said matter-of-factly, "A boy oughta have a dog." We brought her home with us.

Best damn dog I could have ever imagined. Obedient. Loving. Forgiving. Fun. My son spent so many days exploring the woods with her by his side. She was such a huge part of our family. Went everywhere with us. Was my hiking buddy, riding around in the truck buddy, hanging out buddy.

She died this morning as soon as my wife and I came downstairs. Feeling blessed that she lived a good life and was happy and healthy for her age right up to the very end. This was a tough one. Loved that dog.

Mystic
View attachment 178095

View attachment 178096

View attachment 178097

View attachment 178098
Sucks dude. I’d say she was lucky to find you.

I felt worse about my last dog dying than I have most relatives. It’s horrible. Tried to tell myself that the silver lining would be a little more free time and not being as tied to home, but that was BS. I put down a deposit on a new dog within 3 weeks.

Last edited:
I felt worse about my last dog dying than I have most relatives. It’s horrible. Tried to tell myself that the silver lining would be a little more free time and not being as tied to home, but that was BS. I put down a deposit on a new dog within 2 weeks.
Same thoughts here.
I am considering it.

I felt worse about my last dog dying than I have most relatives. It’s horrible. Tried to tell myself that the silver lining would be a little more free time and not being as tied to home, but that was BS. I put down a deposit on a new dog within 3 weeks.
I'm the same way. The three hardest things for me to deal with have been a close relative dying, my parents divorce, and having to put down my Lab. The Lab takes the cake... in spades. (I think that also means I've been lucky.)

I said I'd wait a few years before getting a dog to enjoy my little girl for a bit. I was wrong. It's only been 11 days and we're already calling breeders.

I have so much sympathy now for anybody who loses their dog. So sorry for @blueridge loss.

Last edited:
“A boy oughtta have a dog” this really strikes some chords inside here.. my towns really anal about dogs for some reason though it boasts about 16 dog parks and no rental agency allows.. looking into the ESA route to get one for my family. I have two boys. Constantly telling me they wish they had a dog… it kills me. I had one growing up as well as my wife.. I had to give mine to a friend when my oldest was born for the above reason… THAT killed me.. I’m so sorry he passed- but it is very admirable you were able to give him such a long and eventful life. Be proud of that my friend.

Didn't want to start a new thread. Great sentiment shared within and I appreciated the re-read.
The love given that humans can not match.
Last night/this morning, I had to put Jasper, my bloodhound, to rest. 11 y/o. Pet his head, stroked his coat as the IV was placed and injections administered.
I rarely cry though not a dog I've had that I didn't and Jasper was no different.

Age and neurological malfunctioning hind quarters came to a close when he howled last evening, finally unable to make his legs work. Time extended w/ gabapentin, a pain med, and as much time with him as possible. Vet said he likely had a month and pretty much to the day.

Amazing time spent together. I could go on and on though...
My third bloodhound and likely my last. I think I said that the last time.
The camaraderie during trailing courses. The peaceful relaxation for even myself, watching him laying on the deck, a dock, or in a grass field. Thanks for all you shared, good buddy.
Anyhow, needed a place to share my thoughts. Thanks.

Didn't want to start a new thread. Great sentiment shared within and I appreciated the re-read.
The love given that humans can not match.
Last night/this morning, I had to put Jasper, my bloodhound, to rest. 11 y/o. Pet his head, stroked his coat as the IV was placed and injections administered.
I rarely cry though not a dog I've had that I didn't and Jasper was no different.

Age and neurological malfunctioning hind quarters came to a close when he howled last evening, finally unable to make his legs work. Time extended w/ gabapentin, a pain med, and as much time with him as possible. Vet said he likely had a month and pretty much to the day.

Amazing time spent together. I could go on and on though...
My third bloodhound and likely my last. I think I said that the last time.
The camaraderie during trailing courses. The peaceful relaxation for even myself, watching him laying on the deck, a dock, or in a grass field. Thanks for all you shared, good buddy.
Anyhow, needed a place to share my thoughts. Thanks.
Sorry, Sytes. Sounds like you two had a good life together.

Sorry for your loss. It’s been 3 years since we put our last one down and have been dog less since. Reading your post still brought a tear or two even after all that time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back