PEAX Equipment

Longest solo backpack hunt?

RSET

So what’s the longest you’ve backpack hunted solo (consecutive days without returning for resupply, hotel, etc.)? I believe my longest solo was 5 nights before going back to the truck.

Think I'm at zero... Ironically though, I've been having great success less than a mile from the roads in recent years.

Most for me was 10 days hunting goats in Montana in 1998. Wasn't used to it and the first few nights sort of sucked.

Did 7 days 6 nights for sheep year before last solo and was wishing I would have packed more food so I could have stayed longer. Hated leaving.

Think I'm at zero... Ironically though, I've been having great success less than a mile from the roads in recent years.
Haha. I personally spend a lot of time bow/rifle hiking...maybe I should give in and start using roads

6 .
lonelyness/lack of social interaction can start to get to you after a while.

I’ve found downloading podcasts to your phone helps. Listen to them at night in your tent. Especially later in the season when it gets dark early.
I can certainly relate. I backpack and backpack hunt. I find backpack hunting solo is far easier because there’s always something to focus on. The long rainy days still tend to be bad...

7 nights, 7 miles back +3k elevation change. Not planning on doing it again(mileage with elev part). I know i am best equipped around 4/5 nights after that i want more food, clothes and things that just cant carry. One of these years i am going to build a liitle backcountry spot and pack a chair/bucket/tarp/saw in on a summer trip.

Solo backpack trip...I’d be guessing a little, I don’t recall any specific trip over about 5. Most are 3-5.

5 days 4 nights, kinda cheating compare to BuzzH and those doing it back in the day, with a Garmin you have communication the entire time if you want it.
If you watch an episode of fresh tracks on your phone in the tent before bed does that mean that day doesn’t count?

I've done 5 day solo a few times. I like it more everytime. It also increases my appreciation for having a good hunting partner for some hunts too.

12 days longest solo hunt, but half that was truck camping.

I don’t really recall, I’ve been gone as long as 14 days, 11 or 12 hunting I think. I’ve done 15 solo with the camper. With the goats I would have to look on my live threads to be exact.
Matt

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back