Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Litle 3 point dies.

Moosie

Grand poopa
Went up for my one day of Idaho deer hunting that I was gonig to get this year (I know, Poor me ;) ) and took a 3x4 out of the Gene pool.

I always Yack about a busy schedule but I had to be back for a 5:30PM Soccer practice (I'm coach Moose) then my wife had a Womens night out 7PM so I got to spend several hours beating my 4 boys ... Err I meant spending quality time with them ;)

So time was limited. I figured I had to be leaving the hill at 1PM at the latest. Come 11:05 I was heading back to meat Wylee and I saw this deer. I wasn't gonig to be picky, Any 3 point was going down, So I looked at him, Looked at my watch... Kicked my head around for 3-4 seconds And I figured I could still make it.

I packed 3 quarters to the top of the hill, met Wylee and we got the other quarter and the rack (The rack being the heavy part *smile*) and threw it all in a Pack and I hit the road !!!

Now, I am a bit of a Wussy, but this Pack was WELL over 100 pounds (Ohhh look at me, I'm like greenhorn.. Except I had to hike Down, not up) and the hike out really put my chicken legs to the test. I made it back 12 mins late for Practice, But I was there non-the-less....

Anywyas, non of that has anythnig to do with Anything so I'll jsut post the dam pics.

Here is how the deer was laying and how it died :

10_835445.jpg

11_295511.jpg

I actually approached it and tossed a stick at it. How many deer die with their heads propped up like that ?!?!? Wierd !!!

Anyways, Here are 2 more pics :

13_270771.jpg

12_42840.jpg

I'm guessing this Buck will add at least 18 points to the Fantasy hunt score ............

Moosie said:
I actually approached it and tossed a stick at it. How many deer die with their heads propped up like that ?!?!? Wierd !!!

How many dorks waste time changing hats for a picture when they are late for soccer practice??!?!? Wierd !!!

I am envious..... I got room in the freezer...

Here's the Flip Flop story.... I actually had them in the TOP compartment of the Backpack and that morning when I rolled out of the tent I couldn't find them in the back pack. I looked in the main compartment but they weren't there.... I just figured they were with my Food, I didn't bring any food either.... Wierd !!!!!! (I didn't find them untill today)

I almost forgot my Sleeping bag too, As I was leaving my wife called in a panic, Saying I left the Bag in the front room.. I had to drive back and get it.... Wierd !!!!!

Other then that I had most everything.. Except a Game bag, I had a Knife though.... Wierd !!

Wierd is Spelt Weird.... Wierd !!

Come 11:05 I was heading back to meat Wylee

I know it's pathetic of me but the Freudian slip was just to perfect to ignore. :D

PS The deer was just trying to save you some time Oscar. By staying propped up like that, it shaved precious moments of you having to prop it up for pics.:)

I`ve killed smaller.:eek: ..you filled the tag. not bad for being in a hurry.....wierd is being in a hurry when deer hunting? Congrats to you thats a trophy [in AZ]hump

Not the Smallest buck I've taken ..but close :) I figured I'd get more Ball Busting then that... ;)

I still have a Deer Hunt in Utah and 3 Kodiak Island Deer tags to fill. Can't complain too much I guess, not often can a Guy go to AK 2 times in a year.. Geshhh. I'll have 1 day to hunt Elk in Idaho too. I haven't figured out if I should hunt one place more, and have more time at that location? or Hunt alot of places with only quick hunts to shoot something. Seems I do the Latter alot more..... Either way It's a Kick in the Pants to go out hunting with Buds !!!! My and Wylee had a Good time. It's awesome to MEAT him every year hunting .... :p

Nice buck under the time constraints, sounds like you need just a few more hobbies and comitments in your life.;) Good luck on the rest of your hunts, Hell I'd like to get to AK once this year.

schelmster

Thats what I was thinking Eric....Would have saved a lot more time just shooting him rather than felling a tree on him Moose (that's what the soccer team calls him I guess ;) )

How many dorks waste time changing hats for a picture when they are late for soccer practice?
Now THATS funny! :D

Congrats on the vension!

I almost thought you left to Alaska without me and shot a real nice Blacktail until I saw it was an Idaho Muledeer???? :)

Congrats on your hunt. How did Wylee do?

heehee

"I actually approached it and tossed a stick at it. How many deer die with their heads propped up like that ?!?!? Wierd !!!"

And what would you of done had he jumped up and hauled ass? Nice one for a 'dink'.

IB, you're right. That would be a darn nice Sitka. ;)

I'm guessing this Buck will add at least 18 points to the Fantasy hunt score

Oscar, give your buck more credit than that. Remember, we're working with the SCI system.:rolleyes: ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back