Life's advice and phrases....

Wide differences of opinion in matters of religious, political, and social belief must exist if conscience and intellect alike are not to be stunted, if there is to be room for healthy growth. - Theodore Roosevelt

An exchange attributed to an intoxicated Winston Churchill and a lady at a dinner party.
“Mr. Prime minister you are drunk.”

“Quite right,madam, and you are ugly. In the morning morning I shall be sober, but you will still be ugly.”

....from Oscar Wilde

“Cecil Graham: What is a cynic?
Lord Darlington: A man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
Cecil Graham: And a sentimentalist, my dear Darlington, is a man who sees an absurd value in everything and doesn’t know the market price of any single thing.”

a couple from a friend who just passed....

"it's ok to struggle. It's not ok to give up."

“What am I going to be thinking about on my final days here?
I just want to be proud of what I did.
I hope what people mainly see is that you can still make something beautiful and something powerful out of a really bad situation,” she said.
“You can still find some good in it. I will never let cancer have the last word.”

I just realized I posted a quote from my Mom on another thread regarding work but it was originally intended as marriage advice. "The grass isn't always greener. All you'll trade are one set of problems for another."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back