Life's advice and phrases....

The US Army even has it's heavy haul truckers with strong Army pride. They receive training at the Army Transportation Corps primary installation, Fort Eustis, Virginia. (EUSTIS tongue-in-cheek acronym is "Even Uncle Sam Thinks It Sucks.") The motto of the Army truckers is " If you can't truck it ... f**k it!)

There’s one for this fix all tool just like that!

Attachments

• C87F93E3-F66B-4F7F-87DD-54A5C4479892.png
    C87F93E3-F66B-4F7F-87DD-54A5C4479892.png
    593.9 KB · Views: 2
“Not all who wander are lost” A bumper sticker on my moms car.

^^Best J.R.R. Tolkien quote!!

"80% of success is showing up." -Someone butchering Woody Allen's "Showing up is 80% of life." It's a great non-quote

"...said no person on their deathbed, ever." -No idea of source, but there are plenty of great things to insert in the front of this line

KISS. -US Navy, and whomever they borrowed it from

Slow and steady wins the race. -Borrowed from Aesop's classic tale. Best guiding principle for getting rich slowly, IMO

(roughly) "You can't shoot a big buck if you shoot a little buck. You can't shoot any buck if you don't go hunting." -A hunter (I lost the source)

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life." -cultist Charles Dederich. Who cares if you are x years old and have never been elk hunting, didn't hunt the last 20 years, or whatever else painful regret from your past. None of it matters. What are you going to choose to do today with the health and time and money and opportunity you have RIGHT NOW?

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that is why it is called the present." -(popularized by) Bil Keene

Oh, and some great Thoreau ones...

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

It is better to have your head in the clouds, and know where you are...than to breathe the clearer atmosphere below them, and think that you are in paradise.

It's not what you look at that matters, but what you see

There are moments when all anxiety and stated toil are becalmed in the infinite leisure and repose of nature.

It ain’t the years it’s the miles Chris LeDoux. Learn something while I’m still alive damn it My grandfather. Hornier than a three peckerd billy goat old cowboy friend of my grandpa.

This one is from me as far as I can tell...”There’s no such thing as too much ammo or too much money, alcohol on the other hand is another story (learned the hard way over many years)”.....

83% of all statistics are made up.

Poor, prior planning leads to piss, poor performance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back