Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Life's advice and phrases....

One of my high school football coaches was a short compact ball of energetic intensity. Praise or reprimand was indistinguishable with Coach Blocker. He was quick to demand a size 7 1/4 helmet and demonstrate correct defensive technique. One day he strapped on the headgear and told the running back to do his worst. In his haste I truly believe he did not consider who he was speaking to. Our all state tailback rolled him and didn't even slow down. Unfazed Coach Blocker popped up and yelled to the linebacker who was the object of his ire, "You have this position so f***ed up no one can play it." We all respected him but we respected him even more after that.

Have a class reunion coming up in the fall...that story will be told many times by many people.

Last edited:
"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story." Don't know who said it but I sure know a lot of people who live by it. Most of us are fishermen.

When Im getting my ass kicked by the weather or situation - Its a dog eat dog out there and Im wearing bacon pants . Some days your the train some days your the track.

Heed big fin’s warnings or thy password shall not work. Me. Just now

One of our past presidents.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."

From a close friend & a saying I often repeated to my kids when they were growing up “Life is full of disappointments, the sooner you get used to it the better off you’ll be.”

And between me & my brother often when midway up a 1,500 ft ascent going after elk...“ If it ain’t hard then it ain’t hunting”

My buddy's dad owns a sawmill and their saying is " You haul 'em we'll saw 'em if you can truck 'em, f*** 'em!"
The US Army even has it's heavy haul truckers with strong Army pride. They receive training at the Army Transportation Corps primary installation, Fort Eustis, Virginia. (EUSTIS tongue-in-cheek acronym is "Even Uncle Sam Thinks It Sucks.") The motto of the Army truckers is " If you can't truck it ... f**k it!"

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back