Yeti GOBOX Collection

leupold scope

lanetaxidermy

Thinking about getting a VX-3 cds 4.5-14.... I shoot a 300 Win. mag 180gr trophy bonded, Has anyone had experience with this scope. Would like to hear what you have to say, good or bad about it

I have a vx-3 on my 300 win. mag. I'm not sure if its the cds. I love the scope. Its very clear and has good eye relief along with that rugged leupold tuffness. The only thing I would change if I could is that it has a fairly narrow field of view in my opinion. Other than that, i love the scope.

I have that scope on a .300 Win, and I shoot 180 grain Trophy Bonded Tip. It works way more capable than I am.

I have been using the CDS for three years, on five different rifles, with zero problems.

Burned forty rounds this morning out of the .270, the .308, and the .300. I love the smell of gun powder.

I have 4 VX3's., they lack very little or nothing compared to the euro glass on 3 other rifles.

I just received my turret in the mail last week for my VX3 4.5-14. I have shot it a hundred yards but will go out again soon to see how the turret really works at a longer distance. Trying to get used to a new gun and scope at the same time.

I bought a new set up last year and topped it with the exact same scope. Only 40 rounds through the tube so far, but the scope is clear, much better than my VX II's and the CDS is on the money out to 400 yards. The only problem I now have is I want to replace all my VX II's.

I have owned my vx-3 4.5-14 cds scoped for 2 years, wouldn't trade it for anything. It is very accurate out to my max @ 700 yrds. I just shot a coyote @ 460yrds in the neck this week. Buy it, you won't regret it!

Just mounted my VX3 from Schmalts. Very clear and nice.

Just some problem that I encountered when mounting on my Savage 30.06. I used a rail system from Evolution guns works, Very nice and got the "high" rings. After mounting I had to move the scope to the rear for the proper eye relief. I could not move the scope far enough back because it the front of the scope hit the rail. We ended up filing off a small portion to make the adjustment.

Second, I am new to guns and scopes. This 4.5X14X40 has NO parallax adjustment which I did not realize. Otherwise very clear and a nice scope. I have the "big fat crosshairs" for my bad eyes.

good luck to all
the dog

Just mounted my VX3 from Schmalts. Very clear and nice.

Just some problem that I encountered when mounting on my Savage 30.06. I used a rail system from Evolution guns works, Very nice and got the "high" rings. After mounting I had to move the scope to the rear for the proper eye relief. I could not move the scope far enough back because it the front of the scope hit the rail. We ended up filing off a small portion to make the adjustment.

Second, I am new to guns and scopes. This 4.5X14X40 has NO parallax adjustment which I did not realize. Otherwise very clear and a nice scope. I have the "big fat crosshairs" for my bad eyes.

good luck to all
the dog

...how is it at 10x? Can you focus any better at 14x from the occular end piece adjustment? I've only had one scope(conquest) greater than 10x but it had a side focus

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back