Leupold Backcountry mounts

Pretty much set on them. Don't want Talley's. User experience? mtmuley
Curious, why not the single piece rail and Backcountry cross slot rings?

I’ve been looking at this as an alternative to Talleys.

Have them on one rifle seem to work fine. Only thing I noticed is they are a bit more than the talleys.

Highly recommend, they are my go to ring/mounts. They hold securely through 30 cal shots!

I have messed around with them some. Seem pretty much the same as a Talley (material/construction/weight), and I have had awesome luck with them. The only difference is the Leupolds are quite a bit pricier. I definitely like the looks of the Leupolds better.

I agree with you on not putting a rail in the mix. unless you have a really unique scope setup and a height adjustable comb, all they are doing is lifting your scope unnecessarily high off the axis of bore.

Just received a set of Backcountry rings. I like that they are machined. Just need to lose the cheesy logo. Won't be my last set. mtmuley
Wanted to know how these have worked out for you so far? I am running talleys on a Mark V but had them crack on me and now I’m looking for a replacement. These seem to fit the bill. Any other Mark V ring options that are better?

TPS Products are good. I like their styling too; similar to Leupold Mark 4 which are also good if you can find them below list price.

Wanted to know how these have worked out for you so far? I am running talleys on a Mark V but had them crack on me and now I’m looking for a replacement. These seem to fit the bill. Any other Mark V ring options that are better?
Don't know about Mark Vs (yet) but I've owned several pairs of Backcountries for 700s and Tikkas and they've all been top notch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back