Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Leupold Backcountry mounts

Why are the lupes better than Talley?
Personally I have had issues with Talleys holding a zero. I know plenty of people swear by them but I have 2 different rifles (both with 30mm Leupold scopes) they just didn’t work for… tried warranty replacements on both rifles to no avail. Couldn’t tell you what caused the problem- I torqued them to spec. I am done trying Talleys - they cost me a lot of wasted time- and the Leupolds have worked well for me as an alternative.

This has me thinking. Money ahead on the Lupies by the time you buy a Wheeler lapping kit on top of the Talleys
The lapping tubes are worth it for the pencil sharpened alignment feature...you need the torque driver and bits anyway.

Last edited:
This has me thinking. Money ahead on the Lupies by the time you buy a Wheeler lapping kit on top of the Talleys
Plus I can run to Scheels or Cabela's and find the Leupolds if I don't want to wait a few days for shipping. Can't say the same about the Talleys.

The Leupolds don't have a low option - does anyone have experience with how the Leupold mediums compare to a Talley low or medium?

Just got my second set of the backcountry mounts and the dang screws are wrong again. Both sets have been wrong. Last time Leupold sent me the right screw and this time I just took it to the gun shop to get the right screw. Pretty frustrating for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caveman84
Back