Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Lesson learned.

mtmuley

I live and hunt in one of Montana's premier mule deer units. Over the years I have helped a handful of guys out that held the mule deer permit. I asked of all of these guys, just leave my elk spot alone. No problems, except for one. Today that became readily apparent. And he brought a buddy. I am DONE helping anybody as far as hunting areas. Shame on me. mtmuley

I've had people give away my honey hole after I asked them to keep it private. I shrug it off because I was still happy to help all the other people who kept it in confidence. But if never helping someone again with a hunting area makes you happy then enjoy your privacy.

Try coming to Australia, so far every person I've ever taken has done it to me. You'd think I'd learn but I just took another guy on the weekend. Guess I'm passionate about introducing new hunters to the wilds.

Well, I wouldn't want to be that old, on the bad side of karma and packing elk out of a hell hole.

Thats the worst.

We got burned last year with a public land bird spot. We took him there once, had a solid day.

We invited him back to hunt it with us on a Saturday, said he was busy. So I went out there Friday to scout and glass it. I see him and his rig down there with a buddy, packing up. It was pouring rain. You can’t get a truck in there if it’s wet at all, only a side by side or a quad with chains. They were stuck for 3 hours. I sent him a picture through my spotter of him digging his truck out of the mud. I said, “thought you couldn’t hunt this weekend, good luck with the truck.”

I live and hunt in one of Montana's premier mule deer units. Over the years I have helped a handful of guys out that held the mule deer permit. I asked of all of these guys, just leave my elk spot alone. No problems, except for one. Today that became readily apparent. And he brought a buddy. I am DONE helping anybody as far as hunting areas. Shame on me. mtmuley

Shitty deal. Had the same thing happen with a guy I considered a good friend.

That sucks mtmuley. I really don’t understand the kind of folks who can’t just be grateful for what they’ve been given and leave it at that.

That’s F’d..... I know a lot of spots that are good! Send him to those places and not “THE” honey hole 🕳 I help guys all the time but I keep 3-4 spots that are not shareable 😬
Matt

I hate that, it has happened to most of us. "No good deed goes unpunished." One guy peeing pollutes the whole pool.

However.

Mtmuley, do you know how many guys you helped turned out to be grateful, respected your one rule, wound up helping others, improved things for game, habitat and hunters/hunting? Because they rarely tell us thanks, they just pay the example forward. It happens more than we realize. Stay who you are, don't give that up for any @$$hat.

No, the guy didn't apologize and I don't really care. Yes, I do know the rest of the guys I helped are glad of the help and respectful. Some are HTer's. Awesome guys I'm happy to have met. Still burns MA ass this morning as I get my gear together to leave. Thanks all. mtmuley

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back