"Leroy".............................R.I.P.

Clay,

Congraulations!! That is an awesome buck and he is going to be tough to top. Very, very, very nice.

Greg

Buschy said:
Clay,

Congraulations!! That is an awesome buck and he is going to be tough to top. Very, very, very nice.

Greg

Hey Greg...did you here about the Whitey Freak taken down by the rifle range south of Bis. ???? Supposed to be a 7x7 with moose like mass.....I heard it scored 135 WITHOUT any tine length measurements ?!?!? Suppose to gross in the 200" range........:eek:

Clay,

I hadn't heard about it, but I will check into it and see if I can get some more information and/or pictures.

I have a friend who shot a buck in the very same area about ten years ago that scored over 200 gross as well!! I have some pictures of the rack somewhere. I will try to get them scanned and post them.

For public land that is relatively close to a big town (by ND standards), this area has put out some great bucks ove the years.

Greg

schmalts said:
Way to go! now what will you do for the rest of the year?

I really have no idea......I've been dedicating so much time and efforts towards this one buck, that Rifle season was the furthest thing from my mind. I drew in a different unit, so I've got to get some cams put out, and try to locate something decent in the next 2 weeks......doesnt' leave me much time, but maybe I'll luck out.....since I already have lucked out once this year.....:)

I thought you guys would like to see a couple of trail cam pics I got of him the day before I shot him........making some rubs......

10-27-06_RK_Trees_024.JPG

10-27-06_RK_Trees_025.JPG

Thanks again guys for all of the kind words.......I don't know if I posted this yet, but we did stick a tape to him, and he is gonna gross right at 160"

Main beams are 23 and 24", inside spread is just shy of 19", G2s and 3s are all over 8", g4's are over 6, brows are right at 5"...over 5" of extras and somewhere between 33 and 35" of mass............

Now the difficult task of picking a pose and a form begins....

Awesome buck and having all the pics and time into him makes it that much sweeter. WTG, I hope I get the chance at a piggy whitetail like that someday.

congrats!
i bet you sleep better now.

Actually the lack of sleep is back on....I located a smoker of a whitetail for rifle season while out scouting last night.....I didn't get to see a lot of him, but know he's got great width and TONS of mass......that's what stood out to me the most, was the mass......I couldn't get over it....he had a pretty unique shape to his rack too, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it....it just looked different as I saw him pop over a ledge and into some wooded breaks....

I went out today to throw a couple trail cams up, and found some monstrous rubs......I scored on permission to hunt the place also.......hopefully the roadhunters don't slop into him first.......one week to go till our rifle opener....I'll be keeping you all posted, but I ain't counting on anything......I may have used up my luck for this year...LOL:D

Back