"Leroy".............................R.I.P.

That's BS, let's see some pics. congrats...unless someone else popped him or you found him as road-pizza.

Sorry guys.....been a BUSY day.....

Well the short version is this....I shot him broadside....24 yards...at last light last night......I gave him about 15-20 minutes, and by then it was dark......I spent the next 2 hours tryng to find him but to no avail......I got out of there and spent a relatively sleepless night at home.......got up at first light, and located him within 5 minutes......

Got trophy pics took, gutted and loaded and home just in time for church........when we got out of church the temps had reached into the 60's, and I knew I had to get him skinned and caped ASAP........

Just as I was all done with that, we needed to leave to go see some visiting relatives from Montana.......we just got home and was gonna download and post a bunch of pics, and of course my card reader and my cable backup are bothing MIA........guess the pics will have to wait till tomorrow......sorry guys.... :eek:

LEROY....Trophy Pics...

Well it is getting late, but I did find my card reader.......

Leroy-RIP-2.JPG

Leroy-RIP.JPG

Leroy-RIP-Back.JPG

We stuck a quick tape to him, and I guess i should have stuck with my first conservative guess......he is gonna be right at 160" gross......19" inside, 22" mains...8-9" G2s and 3s.....6" G4s.....5" brows.......5-6"s of extras and roughly 35" of mass......BY FAR the biggest Whitey I've shot to date......:D

That buck is Bigger then the Muledeer I kill, Not that it's saying much... Uhhh... But congrats anyways !! ;)

NNIIICCCCEEEEE. Great buck, but I hate it when guys just luck into a deer like that.;) :D

WOW ! good job patterning him and whats the word "tenacity"... did you see this buck last year? congrats.

WestND said:
WOW ! good job patterning him and whats the word "tenacity"... did you see this buck last year? congrats.

I've known about this buckl for 3 years now.......3 years ago I passed on him during rifle season.....he was a 135-140 class buck then.........last year I wasn't really looking for him because i was after a huge 4x4 with bow, but found him a bout a week before rifle season, when he suddenly disappeared....I figured he had gotten poached..........so i was quite suprised to see him showing up on trail cams back in august..........I told myself i wasnt gonna give him till rifle season this year..........

Story behind the story......I missed this buck on Sept. 2nd........shot right over his back, but he never knew what happened........I think it's what kept him in the area, and what allowed me the time needed to continue hunting him as hard as I did.......To be honest, I never thought I would get a crack at him again.....I was just glad to be getting him on film.......

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back