Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

last day MT bull

BuzzH

Hard to believe the 2010 season is in the books...but it is.

I spent the last 3 days of the season hunting with my Brother Matt and friend Brian.

We had a great couple days, not seeing any other hunters in our area. We did see a lot of elk and quite a few deer.

This is the 33rd consecutive year that my family and I have hunted the same country, and thankfully its only getting better as time goes on. Very few people know that country anymore as all the roads have been gated for close to 15 years now...even fewer know how to hunt it right.

Judging by the number of bull elk we found it was apparent no other hunters had been there for the last 7-10 days of the season.

On the last day of the MT season at 2:30 pm I rounded out a great hunting season taking a 5 point bull. Absolutely a beautiful day...it just doesnt get much better.

Spent all day Monday getting it to the truck, again, just a beautiful day. As a friend of mine once said, "the days you spend in the field...hunting, fishing, and trapping...those days dont count against you". I've no doubt thats a true statement.

DSCN5616.JPG

Another look:

DSCN5618.JPG

Buzz, I'm freezing my Arizona butt off just looking at those pictures. Well done on a fine bull & congrats on tapping that unknown resource. Where'd you say that was again? ;)

Congrats on the bull. Now it is time to start bird hunting. I hate putting away my big game equipment!

If there's ever a meat shortage I know who's house to go to! Congrats on a great bull in some beautiiful country.

Buzz, I'll trade you my entire elk for the backstraps and Tloins in your cow or your 5 point:):)

Holy chit! I cooked up a t loin from my bull tonight and i might as well have been chewing on a tire...................i guess thats what happens when you shoot one that has its teeth worn to the gumline:)

Another great season Buzz. I can see why no one was crazy enough to go up there to kill a bull.

Way to go Buzz! Can't beat time spent hunting with the family.
Seriously though, isn't your freezer full by now?

Need to find some deeper snow next time. Great pics Buzz. Looks like the classic late November elk hunt that people dream of. Congrats on the last piece of a great season.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back