LASIK - Do It

I had Lasik. I wanted to have my long distance vision back again so I could hunt without glasses. Had it done 4-15-2019. Last week my new glasses came in. Glad to see distance again. Don't know whether the DR f'ed up or not but I can see up close and could not before. He kept saying everything looks good. Been back 3 times. Always the same thing...looks good your long distance vision will bet better. Then the last time he muttered under his breath "people just think they should see perfect". Done with that jerk wad!!!

Nice, I have a Leopold red dot and get the stretch when I look through it, but if I use the camera on my cell phone to view through the scope it shows up as a perfect dot. Prism style red dots are supposed to help with that too, in case anyone else is having the same issue, which I'm pretty sure is astigmatism.

It's astigmatism, pretty common issue for those who have that condition.

I had PRK done last October. Best 4 grand I ever spent.

Had it done about 19 yrs. Ago still going strong. Slight reduction recently but still a great investment

I did it back in 2000 and was 20/20. I haven't had my eye's checked since, but I would say its went down hill, not enough to need corrective lenses though. My only down side to the procedure is my eyes have been more sensitive to light. I find myself wearing sunglasses more often when others aren't. But I would do it all over again.

I did it in 2011 and wow... what a game changer. Went from being very near-sighted with an astigmatism to perfect 20-20 vision. Big difference for everyday life, but the biggest difference is in hunting and camping. No more struggling to put contacts on at 5am with dirty fingers.

I had it done about 5 years ago now and don't regret it one bit. No more contacts or glasses is so nice. It was simple procedure that only took about 5 minutes maybe, although, I did have a little complication. Upon leaving the office, I felt something out of place on my right eye. The flap that they cut around the cornea came up. Immediately returned and they laid it back in place and had me wear contacts to hold it down for a few days until my follow up. It took a couple of weeks for my vision to become completely clear, but now I have no issues. The doctor did try to get me to only do one eye so that it wouldn't affect my near vision because of my age, but I wasn't going to go with only one good eye. I am now starting to have problems with near vision in low light conditions, but I can live with that.

I had Lasik done back in early 2002. Still see 20/15 although now with being 46, I need reading glasses. I would do it again in a heartbeat if my vision at distance ever degraded.

Wish I would have had it done back when I was playing college baseball.

Mine were done in 2009, and I have never looked back. Need a pair of glasses for my phone - GPS and that is it. Can count leaves on a tree from a long ways away.
Pretty cool, considering I have needed glasses since age 6.

I'm not a candidate... burst my bubble when I found out i have this condition with thin corneas
I was not a candidate for LASIK either. They said they could do ASA/PRK but the amount of time I could not wear contacts before the procedure and the recovery time after were enough for me to pass.

I'll also add in that we believe in it enough that we're already planning to gift it to my kids when they are adults (assuming they can't get it done sooner due to hormones changing things, etc.). My wife's quality of life is just that much better.

Had mine done in the late 90’s after wearing glasses since middle school (20 years). I was -3.75 in one eye and -3.25 in the other before the surgery. 20/20 in both eyes after. Just went for a checkup last week and I’m 20/20 in one eye, 20/15 in the other.

I did have to start using reading glasses about 5 years ago, which was 5 years later than what I was told when I got the procedure. Originally just bought some cheaters OTC, but more recently have gone to progressive Rx glasses that are way better since I can leave them on for both near and far sight. I do not wear them hunting, but do carry them with me. I can adjust my scope focus to get clear reticle lines without needing my glasses.

So include me in the “100% recommend” club.

Did mine earlier this year and I say GAME CHANGER! I can see my phone and read... functionally, but with just 1.25 readers it's clear. Can't cure O-L-D with it, but being able to see/glass/shoot regardless of weather is A-Mazing.

Had it done in 2015. It cost $4500 out of pocket and is easily the best money I've ever spent. I can barely get by without cheaters if I have to but use cheaters a lot of the time.

I thought seriously about doing this in Jordan (the country) in 2010 shortly after college. Could’ve had it done with all-Harvard trained docs who worked on the royal family for <$1200 (no insurance) in Amman. I was there for an archaeological dig. Part of me still wishes I would’ve done it but some folks that had said it worked out fine but they were standing up the whole time, had no anesthesia, and could smell their eyeballs burning. Decided to wait.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back