MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

LASIK - Do It

WBouldin

Had LASIK yesterday and am seeing 20/20 today. After 20 years of glasses and contacts this is the most amazing thing ever (besides watching my daughter be born - still mind blown over that).

If you have been on the fence, just do it. The Xany they give you before calms you enough not to think about it and it’s over before you know it. Can’t wait to get into the field and do overnights not having to worry about glasses/contacts.

Been a big reason I haven’t been a backcountry guy. The fear of losing contacts/glasses back there have definitely been a deterrent. No more!!!!!

Amazing what they can do these days...had a right eye cataract removed and a toric lens implant last year, just remarkable. Went from star vision at night and twin reticle shooting to perfect clarity. The left eye is on deck, can't wait. Had RK way back and Lasik a couple decades later to correct that primitive methodology.

I had PRK done 2013 to qualify for a new job. Best money I ever spent...life altering.

PRK was a bit longer recovery and a bit more painful than LASIK but would do it again tomorrow if I had to.

Went from 20/600+ to 20/15 in about a month

Adding to the 100% go for it. When looking for a doctor try to find one that does free touchups if needed. Mine will do any if I need it, as long as I get an annual checkup. Haven't needed any and don't expect to but it's peace of mind. So glad I did it.

Amazing what they can do these days...had a right eye cataract removed and a toric lens implant last year, just remarkable. Went from star vision at night and twin reticle shooting to perfect clarity. The left eye is on deck, can't wait. Had RK way back and Lasik a couple decades later to correct that primitive methodology.
Have you looked through a red dot since this? My vision is better than 20/20 since lasic but when I look through a red dot sight it's blurry or fuzzy. Thinking it's from astigmatism though so that might be a different issue entirely.

Yup. I did it in 2007. Still reaping the benefits today.
I assume you need reading glasses. About the only thing stopping me at age 53 is that I have good near vision without my glasses. When that goes away I may get it if they don't say I'm too old.

I assume you need reading glasses. About the only thing stopping me at age 53 is that I have good near vision without my glasses. When that goes away I may get it if they don't say I'm too old.
Nope, no cheaters yet. Probably soon.

Have you looked through a red dot since this? My vision is better than 20/20 since lasic but when I look through a red dot sight it's blurry or fuzzy. Thinking it's from astigmatism though so that might be a different issue entirely.
Not specifically a red dot but red illuminated Leupolds and a green lume Trijicon is perfect...no haze or stretch.

Not specifically a red dot but red illuminated Leupolds and a green lume Trijicon is perfect...no haze or stretch.
Nice, I have a Leopold red dot and get the stretch when I look through it, but if I use the camera on my cell phone to view through the scope it shows up as a perfect dot. Prism style red dots are supposed to help with that too, in case anyone else is having the same issue, which I'm pretty sure is astigmatism.

Adding to the 100% go for it. When looking for a doctor try to find one that does free touchups if needed. Mine will do any if I need it, as long as I get an annual checkup. Haven't needed any and don't expect to but it's peace of mind. So glad I did it.

This 100%. I did mine at NVISION and they have a lifetime guarantee as long as you maintain your annual check-up/exam with your optometrist. Very comforting knowing that if anything happens I’m not out anymore money.

All my friends but one , FANTASTIC.
It just happens the one friend I took to get the operation got his eyes screwed up. I actually filmed it on the TV outside in the waiting room. Gross. Went back many times and many re cuts. Still no good. Convinced me I keep my chitty eyes and use glasses
He can still see but has to use his glasses and running eye.

I had my Lasik done in 1999. Nice to be hunting or at a football game and not have to wear glasses. Have held up well for 20 years. Do have to wear reading glasses to read.

Wife did her the same year and her vision has diminished slightly in the last couple of years.

Recommend it to anyone.

I'm not a candidate... burst my bubble when I found out i have this condition with thin corneas

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichardMargarine
Back