Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Kitty, Kitty....

Thats pretty cool. Not many guys can say they tracked down a lion by themselves. I also tracked down and shot a nice lion this winter without dogs. I was out wolf hunting and cut a big fresh lion track. Since I wasn't finding any fresh wolf sign I ended up following the lion for about three miles and eventually called it out into a clearcut. Looks like it will make the book.
DSC08994.jpg

Great story. Congratulations on a rare feet. I have awlays thought of doing that same thing. I have done it with bear but a cat would be awesome.

sneakem, I'd be interested to know what your heart rate was when the .45 went off, I'm sure I'd have blown a heart valve.
Congrats on both those great looking cats!

That is one to be proud of. Curious if you think had you not shot the first time, could you have treed him on your snowshoes?

Braver (or more foolish) than me going into a pine-tree teepee after a wounded mountain lion with a pistol. My dad's Kenyan PH friends opted for buckshot and a 12 gauge when working a wounded leopard.

Well told story.

Its impressive that you had the presence of mind to keep pulling (a sighted target) trigger over and over, and just in the nick of time able to connect.

Congrats sneakum, that was a cool story. Travis, I've told you before but that cat of yours is a monster.

Back