Kick Ass New broadheads - fly perfect

I know a guy who shot and killed a caribou at 98 yards with one.

only a texan could know someone like this and admit it,,,let me guess your hero Keith Warren?

There are times when a shot is in fact not so perfect and you may hit a shoulder or spine and a fixed blade would do better. I wonder if any KE is lost when the broadhead opens.

Is this one of those Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy on Saturday Night Live?

AZ402, they're not, they kill Africa stuff, they kill hogs, put big holes in them, shoot straight, like the field tips. I know a guy who shot and killed a caribou at 98 yards with one.

No Tom, they are crap........

AZ402, If they kill Africa Stuff they can't be crap man !!! They put BIG holes in them too. I'd look into them.

KE lost? I wonder how much KY is lost when Greenhorn opens up :D :D

AZ402, why do you think they are crap?

The razor wires cut on three edges each for a total of 9, they cut going forward and going backward. The wire closes down to get through bone, then bounces right back to full width to go through flesh. That helps save kinetic energy on a shot like that. The thick wire seperates flesh after cutting it which increases bleeding. They are guaranteed to fly where your field tip flys or your money back. There is minimal crosswind profile so there is less drifting. No tools to change the wires, its done in seconds while the thing is on the arrow still if needed.

They kill animals. They are legal in all states, they claim.

They maybe the best broadhead on the market, what else can do that? You got some issue with it, lets hear it, stick to the facts, no crap, ok?

they cut going forward and going backward
I'm sold!! hump

There are MANY times I've thought to myself, "Damn, if these broadheads of mine would only cut going backwards I wouldn't have to worry about what end I was knocking on the string!"

Probably sounds like a windchime going through the air....

You know like if its stuck in the animal and they run around and it comes out, either way out, its cutting. While churning around inside, its cutting, eh? Its the same guy who made the Guillotine for turkeys, now he has these, a 4 inch head loppper offer, that's what that Guillotine is. There's a narrower model on that though too. He's working on a 75 grain ATOM, the one now is 100 grain. I don't know if you can still get the 125 grain or not.

I've seen video of stuff killed with them, I've heard stories of the killing they do from multiple hunters that I know. I got 3 of them to try them out, but that's as far as I've gone. I guess I ought to go shoot a hog with one, so I can answer yes. There's pictures of animals shot with it at the web page there, it does make a big hole, I've seen the video and pictures of that on many animals. Deer season starts pretty soon, I'm using them, the ATOM.

What channel? Even if they don't move at all, they have a 7/8" cutting diameter, which is what the fixed blade head I'm using now has. Guys like to blame broadheads for failure all the time, when usually it's the poor shot, not the broadhead. Expandable heads (most of them) are deadly provided you put the arrow in the right place.

Or if you don't like a moving part, use the other one. Nothing moves and it still flies like a bullet. I've tried both tips and they shoot great. I just like the fly small and open a little bit wider on pressure version.

The channel is my assumption for the mechanism to help facilitate the movement of the blades. I wonder ihow much time it takes to clean each unit after you've shot something. Just seems to me that it would get all gummed up with blood, dirt, sinew, etc. and you'd have to clean it really good so nothing was in any nook/cranny that could cause it to bind on the next shot. ;)

elk hunter - you shouldn't assume. What broadhead do you not clean off after shooting into an animal or the dirt? Cleaning off the broadhead is probably secondary after sharpening it again before using it for hunting. Personally, i don't shoot anything but a new razor sharp broadhead at game when hunting. Plucking one out of an animal or the dirt.. doesn't get put in the quiver for my next shot at an animal. What frikkin planets do some of you folks come from?

I'll second Greenhorn's opinion. I messed around with the Tiburon and the Trident last night for a bit. Flew like a field tip and they were solidly built. The expanding blade mechanism would be nearly impossible to gum up or prevent from working. PLus, I hear Chuck Norris uses them!

Now 280 thinks they are a piece of shit for no reason whatsoever, just on principle, I guess. Try to teach you guys something new and look what happens. Real hunting, that would be a two cutting edge broadhead right? The real thing there, eh?

new fangled thing there eh? oh well. To each his own, we all have shit, some of us just spread it around more. You got any facts, I want facts?

Like this from http://www.arrowds.com/atom/The Atom.pdf

No other broadhead survived our ultimate impact and durability test besides the Titanium Atom! DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS TEST ON YOUR OWN!!! IT IS VERY DANGEROUS! A SPECIAL SAFETY ENCLOSURE HAD TO BE BUILT DUE TO PARTS AND PIECES COMING OUT AT HIGH VELOCITY SPEEDS!! AGAIN… IT IS DANGERAOUS>>DO NOT DUPLICATE THIS TEST! An 8 pound sledge hammer on a steel block!!! WHAM!!! You couldn’t even recognize any other broadhead as having ever been a broadhead! We smashed them ALL in one hit only! The ONLY one that survived this kind of torture test where all you had to do was pick it up, screw it on the end of an arrow and go ethically hunt was The Titanium Atom! ALL others simply were reduced to broken pieces and parts smashed flat in one hit! The Titanium Atom was hit 9 more times before one wire broke! The hammer simply BOUNCED off the body after the wires flexed out of the way!!!! Is that tough enough for your bow hunting needs? We warranty the Titanium Atom body for LIFE!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back