Kick Ass New broadheads - fly perfect

Kurt I am not saying there is anything wrong with them and I am sure they will work and if they fly great that is fine but, I just think there is probably a better choice for a small diameter head, even more so if you are going to use them in an expandable mode. I would rather shoot those old rocket expandables to get some cutting diameter if i was going to use an expandable. Just my opinon, and don't worry about that because Hey, I am just an elk expert from Wisconsin:D

What's wrong with Schmalt's broadhead..

The problem is .. is just DOESN'T shoot as well.

Now, I suppose I could do something to my bow - I don't know what - to make it hit with my field points.. but why??

Through paper, my bow shoots dots with field points and perfect bullets with both the triburon and trident. The other head, ultimate steel 100, shoots bullets most of the time, but is not forgiving to even the slightest flaw in a release or torque.

I will give it this, of all the broadheads in this picture, it's probably the most durable. I did finally break a triburon, but it wasn't until the second direct hit to my cedar fench. I like that slick trick head, it's probably a better design than a muzzy and thunderhead -- but.. I prefer those ones that I can't shoot at 20 yards with another arrow, in fear of slicing off the vanes. I was getting a consistant 2" low and left with the slick trick. I didn't shoot it through paper. I only shot it about 10 times, but it was enough.

If 2" off at 20 is good enough, stick with the slick trick. :D

Attachments

• broadheads.jpg
    broadheads.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 86
Everyones bows are a little different. Mine shoots them perfect. what are you shooting for speed?? I am at about 278 i think last time i checked out of the MQ1 with carbon express 300's.
Actually i find it odd that they hit lower @ 20 yards. Mine they fly just about 1.5 inches high @ 20 probably from planing but then level out further down range from the blade drag and end up staying damn close to feild points out to 50 yrds.

another point is that you said it shot CONSISTANT low left. Not a bad thing to be consistant and a fast adjustment to make if you were to want to change some day.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back