Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Kennetreks killing me!!!

Steelhead

So I got a pair of Kennetreks, size 10, a half size smaller than I usually get. They fit great but KILL ME when I hike more than 2 or 3 miles. My hunting partner says that they need to be hiked in for 30-40 miles before they really break in... I've got about 25 miles on em and superfeet Orange inserts in em and they're still killing me when I hike...what gives?

The first pair I bought felt GREAT around the house, but after a few miles my feet hurt like hell. No blisters just ached and I mean bad. I traded them for a 1/2 size larger and 4 pair later I couldn't be more happy.

I hope you find a solution.

I had to switch to the SOLE modable footbeds to make mine not hurt as much. They work well enough, but are not nearly as comfortable as the boot/footbeds I had prior. Might be worth it to try a different insole.

I am sure you figured somebody would ask this, so I guess I will take it on.

"Are they on the right feet?" Done!

Serious, a bud had the same situation and yes, it did take another 1/2 size.

I think this is my fourth year with my Kenetreks...I finally feel like they are truly broke in. I'm actually thinking about getting another pair soon just to wear around to work, etc. to start getting them broke in...because like you, I felt that initial break in period with blisters, and sore feet and it sucked.

Plan is to oil them and put more miles on em and reevaluate the situation...

I use my Kenetreks on days I know I won't be hiking much. Never had to "break in" a pair of Lowas, so they go on the multi-day hunts.

I had to switch to the SOLE modable footbeds to make mine not hurt as much. They work well enough, but are not nearly as comfortable as the boot/footbeds I had prior. Might be worth it to try a different insole.

I tried the SOLE moldable footbeds last year based on 1_p's recommendation. Nothing has made my feet more uncomfortable, so I chucked them after a couple of days of use.

i had a similar problem. I tried using them for 2 years being told they would break in. They crippled my feet after 2 miles every time, and they werent too small just did not fit my foot very well. seems common.

Similar situation. Tried several different insoles and sock combinations and finally gave up. I even tried lacing them differently but nothing worked. $500 and 2 year later they are my snow shoveling boots.

So I got a pair of Kennetreks, size 10, a half size smaller than I usually get. They fit great but KILL ME when I hike more than 2 or 3 miles. My hunting partner says that they need to be hiked in for 30-40 miles before they really break in... I've got about 25 miles on em and superfeet Orange inserts in em and they're still killing me when I hike...what gives?

Where do they hurt? The heel, arch, toebox? Achey all over?

Left heel but that's probably because I was side hilling more to that side.

I've had Kenetreks for about 4 years and I would guess they have 250 miles on them. I still cuss and get mad every time I have to walk on any elevation. I finally just gave up and they are now my campfire boots. I was too stubborn to realize my investment was not worth it.

I'm about 80-100 miles in to mine, and I'm starting to realize I'm in the same camp as Oak and Buglum. If I want to be able to walk the next day I'd better wear something else.

Had a very similar issue with Kenetreks, the boots were really comfortable but they would literally rub my heels off. Nearly could not finish several hikes/hunts due to this, was incredibly painful. Talked with kenetrek and they fit me in house as I had not bought directly from them the first time. I normally wear a 12 and have fairly narrow feet, they did not offer a narrow boot at the time I had bought, and I was put in an 11.5. They did not feel to tight and my toes were not cramped, but when I got fit at Kenetrek they put me in a 12 narrow. Completely solved my issues. Heels are now great, boots do feel a tad looser than the 11.5 but are incredibly comfortable in all situations I have since put them in. And a side note they larger boots required virtually no break in period. I tried several different insoles and due to the comfort have settled on the factory kenetrek insoles. Hope this helps

I use my Kenetreks on days I know I won't be hiking much. Never had to "break in" a pair of Lowas, so they go on the multi-day hunts.

I tried the SOLE moldable footbeds last year based on 1_p's recommendation. Nothing has made my feet more uncomfortable, so I chucked them after a couple of days of use.

Which Lowa's are you sporting?

I loved my Kenetreks more than they loved me. I finally broke down and tried Lowa's GTX high and have never looked back.

I think everyone has a boot out there that truly fits their feet. Mine may not be Kenetreks, but there are certainly enough Kenetrek lovers out there that they must be great boots as well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back