Kenetrek boot fit advice.

LaSportsman

This is a shot in the dark but maybe someone can break my tie. I've tried on Kenetrek Mountain Extremes multiple times and can't decide on a size. I measure 11 on right foot and 10.5 on left. Size 11 seems fine with a standard boot sock. If I go with a thicker wool sock 11 seems a little tight but probably doable. I can put a finger behind heel in the 11's when unlaced and wearing a sock liner or thin sock. Tight to get a finger with thick socks but can do it.

Bottom line: If I measure 11, should I go with 11 instead of 11.5? Randy's video with Kenetrek said they comply with standard sizings including allowance for thicker socks.

I'm fighting the same issue right now replacing military boots but it's between 10.5 wide and 11 since I'm not wearing thick socks. I'm 11.5 on nike running shoes. That's been consistent for years.

I would get the 11’s... or cut off the tip of your toes. All my kennetreks have true to size.

Here's what I wear and I never mess with it. I wear a silk sock liner and a rei expedition sock! I also changed the Kenetrek insole to a superfeet orange insole. I also treat my boots with the Kenetrek wax before and after every long hunt.

Thanks all - and open to more replies.

I've been leaning to the 11's. Socks I used tonight was Darn Tough Merino Wool with a thin liner.

I wear size 11 and with some boots, even a 10.5. I bought some Kenetreks and they were 11s. They seemed a bit tight, until I got some wear on them and then they fit perfectly. I think that the 11s will probably do ok for you, but only you can make that decision.

Time is ticking and I need to make a decision. Kenetrek or Schnee. Any advise? I’ve done a fair browsing of comments for boots on hunttalk and really keep going back and forth. My Origional thought was schnees granite II which is comparable to Kenetrek’s mountain extreme. Both have heavy duty 2.8 thick leather which I want. I wear a size 15 so option are narrow. But I’m a midsize foot and I’ve got my own insoles so no worry’s there. Honestly, I know they’ll both last a long time but I’ve also screen the Schnees beartooth II. It doesn’t have the 2.8 mm thick leather but it’s gotten great reviews. Not able to try on either of these boots unless I purchase them both and ship them back. I know....anyways. Just want to make a good confident purchase. I will be using these boots on an elk hunt in Colorado in September, whitetail hunting in Nebraska in late November, and plan on using them for mountain goat and sheep in the near future (within three years). Thank y’all for advise and considerations. Btw...I considered crispi also but they don’t make a lot of size 15s. Thank for the advise. Have a great day everyone!

I can put a finger behind heel in the 11's when unlaced and wearing a sock liner or thin sock. Tight to get a finger with thick socks but can do it.

More importantly, do your toes touch the front of the toe box on a decline? If so, black and/or missing toenails are in your future.

I doubt you’ll want to wear the Granites for whitetail hunting.
Whitetail hunting entails sitting in a stand staying warm...lol! That’s why I think these would be fine. But I c your point. Thanks for sharing.

More importantly, do your toes touch the front of the toe box on a decline? If so, black and/or missing toenails are in your future.

Went with 11's in the desert boot. Breaking in now. Haven't had a problem on downhills but only carried 35 lbs so far. I think I'll be good.

Went with the schnees beartooth II. if they don’t fit; then I’ll mail them back and try the Kenetreks. I did find a sock system for keeping my feet warm and dry (liners then with wool & synthetic materials). This should work great for keeping dry and warm. I’ve aleays used heavy wool sox for whitetail but the amount of hiking that we are going to be doing might be too warm. So I’ll be prepared either way. The biggest problem I have is that I wear a 15. I see that yes there are a few brands that make a size that big but most (Cabelas and bass pro) don’t sell anything past a 14. So, I decided to try these and if they don’t work mail them back. That’s the cost of doing business; I’m not going to let bad feet ruin my hunt. Just staying positive. Thank you to everyone for the advise and help. This forum is awesome. Super helpful people and willing to share their successes and failures so it gets better for newbies like myself. Thank again!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back