Ken Ivory-Moving On Up

Further proof of my earlier comments that this is not going to be a judicial effort, rather a Congressional effort. For the big monied folks to now fund a national level effort shows the guys writing the checks want your lands and they will do it in Congress if they can't do it at the state level.

Cold dead hands ........

Why would he go through all this trouble when the 14 million Utah lawsuit will solve his woes?

Why would he go through all this trouble when the 14 million Utah lawsuit will solve his woes?

That Utah money is chicken scratch.

To quote George Jefferson when he thought he would strike it rich by franchising his dry cleaner operation, "Big heavies Weezie, we're gonna be in the big heavies."

Ivory is looking for the "Big Heavies."

He's making a grand living at the stupid tax payers expense. I was taught to work for a honest days wages. What a dumb arse I've been.

I wonder if Ivory's going to do get rich quick seminars in the future?:rolleyes: I'd go.:cool:

Three of a kind:

Screen-Shot-2015-08-09-at-3.21.51-PM-300x161.png

Ivory knows Utah's potential lawsuit will not succeed. During the December 9, 2015, "Commission for the Stewardship of Public Lands" committee meeting George R. Wentz, who is the attorney hired by the committee to explore filing a lawsuit regarding the transfer of public land in Utah, told the committee he does not believe that SCOTUS will order the transfer of public lands to the states. Instead, he told the committee that the more likely of the unlikely outcomes is that SCOTUS rules that the federal government must dispose of public lands, i.e. the federal agencies would be required to sell public lands. Ivory was at this meeting. Ivory knows the lawsuit is a nonstarter, but Utah has a budget surplus this year and he knows Utah's one-party legislature will be sympathetic to his misguided cause. In addition, why not burn $14 million taxpayer dollars on a long shot? Ivory is unlikely to suffer any political consequence if it fails, but if it miraculously succeeds he will be a hero among his peers.

Consequently, I agree with Randy. If the lawsuits are unlikely to succeed then Ivory, and those of his ilk, must begin working on the next strategy: legislative action. This strategy will take experience and deep pockets. It seems that Ivory found an organization that has both.

Last edited:
It seems like given previous USSC rulings, even a legislative land transfer would have immediate lawsuits. I would think this is a good thing, no? Wouldn't any sales/transfer be placed on hold while lawsuits worked up to the USSC (if even that far?)

This seems like a good thread for this David Horsey cartoon.

Attachments

• David-Horsey-cartoon-congressmen-Roosevelt-800.jpg
    David-Horsey-cartoon-congressmen-Roosevelt-800.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
These people need a hobby. Out of all the things to do, a land grab would be at he bottom of my list if I had millions of dollars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back