Kauai to do's

Well I’ve got no advice. I hope you have a great time.

I’m really glad you started this thread though, I’ll be hiring @Ben Lamb as a tour guide. He really knows his stuff.

Maybe he could even guide me on a beef cow hunting trip to urban areas of India. It’d be better if we had a layover in Germany so we could tell them our grandpas kicked their grandpas butts.

Wife and I both loved it at first, then got tired of traffic and too many people. We drove our rental car up to the mountains there and it was totally uncrowded and like a lonely back road. That was a good break I’d recommend. Then back to the crowds. We took a helicopter ride over the volcano that was awesome. Great scuba diving with the sea turtles too.

Well I’ve got no advice. I hope you have a great time.

I’m really glad you started this thread though, I’ll be hiring @Ben Lamb as a tour guide. He really knows his stuff.

Maybe he could even guide me on a beef cow hunting trip to urban areas of India. It’d be better if we had a layover in Germany so we could tell them our grandpas kicked their grandpas butts.

We offer culturally sensitive tours of Japan as well.

Pro TIp #7: Walk up to anyone and say "That Tulsi Gabbard is a looker, but I kinda feel like she's Russian spy. You know her? She's from around here, right?"

I thought napali coast was too crowded. My favorite parts were snorkeling (I’d never done that) & all the fish. Doors off chopper ride is a must if weather is good, best hike was Kalepa ridge - which was my favorite thing of the entire visit.

If you don’t see little brown children playing in the surf, don’t you. A rough quote from the ER Doctor who stabilized my brother, Life flighted him to Honolulu, likely kept him from being paralyzed. Body surfing on a beach, no locals there at all. Sneaker wave flipped him and he broke his neck. Doc said “stupid holes get hurt there every year”
Have fun👍

Kalepa ridge - which was my favorite thing of the entire visit.
Already on the to-do list, did you take your kids on it and how old were they?

I haven't snorkeled Kauai yet, but did Maui a few years ago, it was decent. If you really liked it, Belize should be on your list. It was incredible. I hope to someday make to to Palau, which apparently is spectacular.

Tip #8: take a sweater. you will dazzle the islanders with your strange clothing and they will worship you as a minor, albeit locally significant, deity.

Island hop to Molokai, pay a guide for a "conservation hunt", and shoot a pile of deer and goats

Edit: the island hopping flights are an experience all of their own. As good or better than any touristy 30 minute helo ride you could pay for.

Princeville was nice. We stayed in Poipu. We drove around and went north to Nepali coast. I think if you hike Kalepa ridge you'll have to go to the SW side of the island and drive all the way north, even though it's close to Princeville. I was there about the same time you're going, last week in Jan, first week of Feb.

I wouldn't do that Kalepa ridge if it was wet myself, much less with kids. It's basically right above Napali coast and a true knife ridge with some awesome lookouts.

Island hop to Molokai, pay a guide for a "conservation hunt", and shoot a pile of deer and goats

Edit: the island hopping flights are an experience all of their own. As good or better than any touristy 30 minute helo ride you could pay for.
I'm not into turning family vacations into hunting trips.

Back