Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Kauai to do's

If you can swing it, charter a 6-pack for a half day for tuna, mahi, and ono with the whole family. I could make a couple recommendations over pm if you're interested.
please do, though I think the kids may be a little young to really enjoy it.
Also, if you surf, Hanalei Bay is a great wave if you can stand the crowds. You'll be right nearby if you're staying in Princeville.
I don't... and I don't really like people, but I wouldn't mind trying it.

please do, though I think the kids may be a little young to really enjoy it.

I don't... and I don't really like people, but I wouldn't mind trying it.
I think your kids would be fine unless the weather is terrible. They seem tougher than a lot of adults I know. As far as surfing goes, Hanalei wouldn't be the place to learn. PM inbound.

Wife and I went a dozen or so years ago..loved it. I don't recall specifics, unfortunately, so can't be too much help but sounds like you're on the right track. Snorkeling, hiking, Napali Coast, Waimea Canyon were all fantastic. We passed on fishing charter due to winds that week, but rates were super reasonable at the time.

Seems like we rented mountain bikes at least one day, pretty easy biking and hiking to a waterfall or two for swimming.
Should be a blast, I'd go back in a minute.

Be sure to tell everyone where you're from, and that this isn't how they do it there. People love to hear that.

Also, be sure to remark on far you are from the real United States. it helps islanders feel like they're #50 out of 50. No need for them to get all uppity anymore.

Nepali coast boat tour
I would do the sea kayak trip in the Nepali coast. It’s a LONG day, but an epic adventure. If that’s too much work, take the powerboat trip and drink mai tais the whole time. And Eat lots of Poke!

After hiking in I wish we would have had time to do more on the Nepali coast.

I enjoyed the Sleeping Giant as well. Pretty mild hike up from the east.

Waimea canyon was probably my favorite. Polihale beach was second. We tried doing a dinner cruise of the nepali, but the seas were too rough, daily common this time of year I guess. I want to go back in the summer and spend a couple days doing the sea kayak adventure, camping on the boat in beaches along the way. If you go to waimea, hit up Kauai coffee. I've become such a coffee snob, I order all my coffee from them now, it's wonderful.

Whatever you decide to do, if its in the ocean, this is obvious but the ocean and tides there are NO JOKE! Keep that in mind!
Being on a beach there and seeing rescue come, and a father & son not return to the mother and daughter on shore is nothing you want to witness.

Whatever you decide to do, if its in the ocean, this is obvious but the ocean and tides there are NO JOKE! Keep that in mind!

Tip #5: ask your captain if the toilet flushes in the opposite direction like in Australia. You'll impress him with your knowledge of plumbing & geography.

Might even get you a free mai-tai ticket at the totally authentic luau later.

Last edited:
We've stayed in Princeville several times. You'll love it. Definitely hit the different farmer's markets. There is a beach called Hideaway Beach that you can probably walk to depending on where you're at in Princeville. Never seen it crowded (small hike to get down to it). Never failed to see turtles when snorkeling there.

Napali coast dinner cruise is nice, but kayaking or taking a zodiac is epic. Definitely spend a day at Waimea Canyon. It's worth the time. A helicopter tour of Waimea Canyon is worth the money too.

When we were there last year there weren't alot of restaurants open in Princeville. More if you go down the road to Hanalei. If you have a kitchen I'd swing by the Costco when you arrive and stock up. It's not far from the airport.

A fishing charter would also be awesome depending on the age of your kids.

I'm guessing you and the family will love it. Have fun!

Following Ben's shared thoughts;
Express how pleased you are with their liberal voting stance supporting criminal aliens... oops, "Undocumented Immigrants"... Then ask them what the word, "haole" means.

You'll receive a warm welcome, haole.

Kauai is my favorite of the islands (Garden Island). I worked a couple stints on the main Island.
Kayaks would be fantastic! A fishing charter, another win! Family wise (Granted this was 15 years or so), Poipu Beach and Kukui'ula are both enjoyable locations to relax on the beach and snorkel your hearts out... pretty much everywhere is great to snorkel. a bit off track for your trip though enjoyable, none the less.
A jeep rental with the tops off would be great adventure itself with kids. Pull off at different beaches as you make your way around, follow google reviews for beaches, lunch, etc locations.
Be careful of the purple urchins. They stick a foot and it's pretty ugly. Not sure if you still can though, for a thrill, buy bags of frozen peas! Snorkel and disperse the peas for swarms of colorful fish! Kids and disposable waterproof cameras!

Best to ya! Sounds enjoyable! Pics... share pics.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back