Yeti GOBOX Collection

Kansas Whitetails - The Reckoning

Haha! That is awesome! Best of success in your hunt both of ya! I would give a big thumbs up and think of how many sick days I could get away with... or at least wishing I had the huevos to do such...

Arrived this afternoon, with time for Spitz and I to do some scouting. Looked over lots of places and saw as many hunters as I did deer. Oh well, welcome to the WIHA world of Kansas.

Tomorrow is serious scouting day, as Loren and his cameras do not arrive until mid-day. With our luck, a 160" buck will probably stand and look at us, knowing that even with season open, we cannot shoot until the cameras are here.

Saw some great bucks on private. Not that seeing those really matters for our purpose, but nice to know they are hear, on some properties.

Randy I hope you packed that pocket corn flinger I got you for Christmas. With all the competition on the private(Corn flingers) it might be your only hope. No you guys will do just fine. Remember most things happen on the last day anyway:D

Sitting here in town, hoping Loren can get here before dark. Saw two bucks this morning that I would shoot. One is an average 5X5 that is busted. I would be happy with him. The other is huge 4X4 that is one of those shoot on sight sort of bucks.

Looks like most the pressure has left as of yesterday. Did not see any other hunters while out scouting. Hoping that continues and we have some of these areas for ourselves.

Come on Loren, put the hammer down, we have two hours 'til dark and I want to see Spitz put his tag on that big 4X4, We didn't plan on filming anything today, but we also hadn't planned on seeing a buck of that magnitude, either.

This does not look like normal whitetail ground. Big wheat fields with no cover, surrounded by CRP fields that they are using to bed in. Hardly any timber. They are using the grass and the coulees as their bedding protection. Gonna be some long shooting under these conditions.

Good luck Fin and Spitz, sounds like you guys have got things dialed.....looking forward to more updates.

So far things are looking great. The weather has been cool and the wind is bearable. We've put some good recon in on the area we're hunting and all signs are pointing to some great quality. It also helps that we saw a real solid, heavy wnd wide 4 point buck today in a huntable position. Now that Loren has arrived with the camera the hunting can begin. Hopefully we'll be posting trophy photos tomorrow.

These work Jose?

Thanks, kind of cool looking country.

I know you went there in Year 1, just wasn't sure what the attraction was.

I think I would likely get lost without a river/creek/canyon that always gets me back to where I started. Be fun making the stalks with elevations providing the cover.

Good luck

Not quite the country I envisioned you hunting. Thanks for sharing the photos, and good luck to you guys.

So you guys must not have found that 4 point while Loren was there? I hope you guys find him this morning. Good luck.

looks like you guys are way to warm....Loren has his gloves off filming! Definitely not the same conditions as 2 years ago.

Good luck.

looks like you guys are way to warm....Loren has his gloves off filming! Definitely not the same conditions as 2 years ago.

Good luck.

Yeah, well just wait a day. I think Kansas has it in for me when it comes to deer hunting. Complete whiteout blizzard started at about 11:00AM.

Here is what I looked like after walking three miles to the truck. Loren loved trying to film in this.
IMG_0019.JPG

Good news is that we saw three bucks. Two good ones. One stayed on the private side of the fence. One was a piker. One was a really nice buck, but he busted as we walked a ridge back to the truck during the blizzard. None of us were prepared and given that he never even thought of slowing down, we have no footage of him.

Sitting here waiting for it to stop snowing. Cannot film in this kind of weather.
IMG_0020.JPG

Back