Caribou Gear Tarp

Kansas Deer - ACT III

Good luck. You are certainly giving it a good try. (On another note, my Season 3 DVD arrived today. Yess!)

hang in there Randy, I'm sure there is a buck waiting for his turn in the spotlight with your tag hung on him....go gettem...

Sorry I fell asleep without postinglast night. Wind and fog had wore me out. Did see some deer moving right at dark. Hope they come through this morning. Today is the last day of season, so it will be today, or never.

All of four does this morning. Hope they get hungry early today. I've got about five or six hours to find a buck. The wind is blowing hard enough to push them off track if they are heading West, hopefully pushing them more Northwest and in front of my set up.

Man, what does a guy need to do to catch a break?

Hunters on the private to my southwest are driving around and bump a flock of deer. They come hauling it right towards us. Bunch of does with a good buck in the back.

The first six does clear the fence onto the WIHA. The buck veers and follows the fence east, right down below me. He stops for a few minutes in the coulee, eighty yards away. I am right on the fence line waiting for him to follow the does.

Then another doe comes boiling put of the west, right towards him. They join up and head southeast, away from the WIHA. Why he didnt follow the first group is beyond me. I think when they took of, they bumped him out of his bed. He was probably not part of their group.

That was close. I think I can make a 100 yards shot, even in this 30mph wind.

An hour and a half left. Come on baby. I haven't sat here this long, just to pass the day.

Magic hour, wintry mix on radar. Here Mr whitetail, I'd like you to meet my friend Randy!

And so it ends. The wind is howling and the bucks will live to be another year older. I still believe if you work hard enough, you can overcome anything that is stacked against you. This season is doing it's best to convince me otherwise.

Couldn't hunt any harder for these give days. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Can't imagine how hard we wil have to work to find a wolf this week, let alone shoot one. Whatever it takes, that's what we will do.

Thanks, Kansas. It was a ton of fun, even if it was a hard hunt. Will be back next year.

Great adventure. Thanks for taking us along. The drought has really taken a toll on man, animal and plantlife. It didn't help the OYOA crew either.

Randy, thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Hopefully the stars will align for your wolf hunt and one of the big, furry critters will give you the opportunity to let the air out of him/her.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride. This year has shown that you and your hunts are really like the average hunter. Don't change a thing.

Thanks for all the posts and pictures. As the show intro says, this is Reality Hunting. 95% effort and skill, but that 5% luck has the final word sometimes.

If I was looking to watch 100% success hunts, I would be looking somewhere else.

Thanks again and good luck. I hope to follow the wolf hunt.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Orth
Back