Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

John Kasich?

TexAg09

In all of the political posts I've seen lately (which I like) I haven't heard much about John Kasich. I haven't really been able to find a strong stance from him about public lands. All I can find is this excerpt:

"Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) has said little about the management of U.S. public lands, but he engaged in a fierce debate about the appropriate balance of energy development and conservation on state lands in Ohio. As governor of Ohio, Kasich pushed a plan through the state legislature to open state parks to oil and gas drilling. Three years later, however, he reversed his position and demonstrated support for the protection of public lands. Gov. Kasich’s spokesperson Rob Nichols explained, “At this point, the governor doesn’t support fracking in state parks.” He then elaborated, “Ohio doesn’t permit this kind of oil and gas production in state parks because the governor doesn’t think we have the policies in place yet to properly do it.”

From this article: https://www.americanprogressaction....rican-lands-and-energy-resources-in-the-west/

Any thoughts, opinions, or more importantly facts? As always please keep it friendly. Thanks!

Last edited:
I like him. He's my kind of Republican. He entered the campiagn much latter than the others. He has the potential to make a strong showing in N.H. The Republican campaign looks to be one that will go for a while. I'm not happy to see Cruz win my state but I take comfort in the fact that he joins the company of Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee.

Hows that for a first post?

I haven't really been able to find a strong stance from him about public lands.

You wont find one until he knows which stance will help him most. He has a history of flip-flopping on issues including gun control and using public land for energy production. I'm not saying he would be willing to transfer, I mean SELL public lands but I don't know what his stance is going be. I will say this; if whoever gets the Republican nomination thinks that Kasich can bring Ohio with him, he will be the #1 choice for running mate.

You wont find one until he knows which stance will help him most. He has a history of flip-flopping on issues including gun control and using public land for energy production. I'm not saying he would be willing to transfer, I mean SELL public lands but I don't know what his stance is going be. I will say this; if whoever gets the Republican nomination thinks that Kasich can bring Ohio with him, he will be the #1 choice for running mate.

And that's what I'm afraid of. Someone who just pays lip service and flip flops.

Coming from a fellow Ohio resident, I'll second what Kenton says. Kasich is pretty much notorious for saying what he thinks people want to hear.

Its comical to me seeing everyone's posts about "what position a candidate stands on"...they're all politicians and when have they really stuck to promises? Potomac fever makes everything "negotiable" :)

Back to the original post...I talked to a couple of people from Ohio, 1 R the other D and neither of them had anything of quality to say about him. Both of their views painted him as a typical politician. Not making an opinion based on 2 people, but he was never in my wheel house so I don't care to spend any further time on him personally.

I think he actually says some pretty good things, but they all do at this point. He may as well quit, as he does not have a chance.

The public land debate is important, but I look at the overall approach they will take toward the pathetic state of this country. If you focus on one issue, you will end up with another loser in the White House.

Coming from a fellow Ohio resident, I'll second what Kenton says. Kasich is pretty much notorious for saying what he thinks people want to hear.

News Flash....They ALL say what voters want to hear. Whatever it takes to get elected. After which, they do whatever they damn well please until the next election, then more of the same. Pretty sad.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back