Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Jim Shockey

The guys I guided with had Shockey as a client last year, and they were very complimentary of him. That means a lot. I think his posting is his way of processing and grieving with his "extended family". We all grieve in our own way and we don't have to be as visible as he is. I wish him and his family peace and gratitude for the time and memories Louise created while here on earth.

Last edited:
The outfitter I was with in Argentina hosted Jim and Eva for a hunt a couple years ago and while they didn't have anything good to say about bimbo Eva, they had nothing but the up most respect for Jim and his wife.

The outfitter I was with in Argentina hosted Jim and Eva for a hunt a couple years ago and while they didn't have anything good to say about bimbo Eva, they had nothing but the up most respect for Jim and his wife.
As somone who has got to know Eva over the years, if you talked with her you'd realize that she's very intelligent and articulate. There are some bimbos and blowhards in the hunting media world. Eva is not be one I'd classify in that category. Jim and Louise are a class act, as are Branlin and Eva.

Have you ever heard the term if can’t say anything nice then maybe keep your mouth shut…….if attention is what you wanted then you succeeded.

As somone who has got to know Eva over the years, if you talked with her you'd realize that she's very intelligent and articulate. There are some bimbos and blowhards in the hunting media world. Eva is not be one I'd classify in that category. Jim and Louise are a class act, as are Branlin and Eva.
I cannot personally judge as I have not met either one of them just going off of what I see of her and the stories I got from the outfitter we were with. Eva was focused on social media and product promotion the entire time and didn't care much for the hunt while Jim was dedicated solely to the hunt. They called Jim a "real true hunter" and Eva a walking billboard.

I cannot personally judge as I have not met either one of them just going off of what I see of her and the stories I got from the outfitter we were with. Eva was focused on social media and product promotion the entire time and didn't care much for the hunt while Jim was dedicated solely to the hunt. They called Jim a "real true hunter" and Eva a walking billboard.
What possessed you to be a shit-ass when this family just lost their wife/mother? Did your dad not tell you that he loved you enough when you were a kid?

When you're not sure if what you're gonna say is going to add value to the conversation, then just stop.

Last edited:
As someone who has got to know Eva over the years, if you talked with her you'd realize that she's very intelligent and articulate. There are some bimbos and blowhards in the hunting media world. Eva is not be one I'd classify in that category. Jim and Louise are a class act, as are Branlin and Eva.
Big Fin - Agreed re Eva. Anyone making a name in the hunting industry as a female has far too many hurdles to overcome compared to the men. I do not recall anyone commenting on Jim Zumbo's physique. No one man-splained over Zumbo at a trade show when he would discuss his preference for a cow elk call vs a bugle.

Outdoor Enthusiasts: No one called Zumbo a bimbo which is blatantly sexist as is the term hysterical. Please, if you fall into the group degrading women based on them being women, do better. Judge the person on what they can do rather than having different litmus tests based on the presence of testicles vs ovaries. Your daughters and granddaughters will benefit by you becoming a fairer, better human.

I remember meeting Jim and Louise at a hunting show in grand rapids Michigan. This was many years ago, but I remember specifically they shook everybody's hand, looked them in the eyes and had a real conversation with everybody they met. Simply outstanding folks. I dont remember what it was they were there for, not sure if it was there own outfitter business or something else.

In 2016, I went up to Jim in a small Alaska airport and introduced myself and ended up having dinner and a couple beers with him. From all accounts Louise was just as talented as he was. I’ve been thinking about them since I heard of her passing a few days ago.

The guys I guided with had Shockey as a client last year, and they were very complimentary of him. That means a lot. I think his posting is his way of processing and grieving with his "extended family". We all grieve in our own way and We don't have to be as visible as h is. I wish him and his family peace and gratitude for the time and memories Louise created while here on earth.
Agreed, Its not like they were posting a ton. Many folks will do that to immortalize someone they love, kinda like a family photo you keep on your wall. You can tell he really loved his wife, it shows on his face.

I met Jim about 10 years ago at an SCI convention. He was walking the floor and chatting with people. He spent a long time with my boys and I chatting about hunting. There’s a long lost group pic somewhere. Both boys still have the signed picture of Jim on their walls. He was a great guy.

Being in a long term marriage, I can only imagine the pain he must feel losing his spouse. I’d be lost and I can only imagine he is too.

Jim has my deepest condolences.

The guys I guided with had Shockey as a client last year, and they were very complimentary of him. That means a lot. I think his posting is his way of processing and grieving with his "extended family". We all grieve in our own way and we don't have to be as visible as he is. I wish him and his family peace and gratitude for the time and memories Louise created while here on earth.
I lost my Dad to cancer many years back. He was pretty young. I was pretty young. We knew it was terminal and I did my grieving long before he died. His death was actually a relief in that he was no longer suffering.

Back