Jim Shockey

Sincere condolences to all their family. I never had the privilege of meeting any of them, but know quite a few people who casually met them or others who seemed to know them well, and never heard anything but good about them.

What are you going to do, beat him up after school? F’n blowhard, blow harder.
Very few people on here brave enough to get in an actual fight.
Plenty of white knights and folks who would convince other people to fight for them though.

You drive a Gladiator. mtmuley
I’m not talking about the og’s on here.
The 50 and older crowd would f me up.
But there’s a lot of younger guys on here who think being a “good old boy” is a bad thing.
To me, a “good old boy” is 2 cases of beer showing up in the foreman’s pickup, him accidentally ordering 2 extra loads of asphalt and you getting a free driveway.
These guys would get jealous of that, not want to pay their dues and bitch until you’re not allowed to do things like that anymore.

The Internet, and in particular social media, is filled with people sharing the stories of their or their loved ones journeys to death. It’s hard to look away from, and shines a light on a core truth carried inside myself I build a fortress around and don’t think about much.

Over the last couple years I have found Jim Shockey‘s posts about his wife’s journey, and how it made him feel, to be beautiful and powerful. Good folks going through hard stuff with Grace.

Could be a model for how to maintain dignity in journeys one will surely experience themselves, or a well of compassion.

I’m not talking about the og’s on here.
The 50 and older crowd would f me up.
But there’s a lot of younger guys on here who think being a “good old boy” is a bad thing.
To me, a “good old boy” is 2 cases of beer showing up in the foreman’s pickup, him accidentally ordering 2 extra loads of asphalt and you getting a free driveway.
These guys would get jealous of that, not want to pay their dues and bitch until you’re not allowed to do things like that anymore.
I’ve gotta get a picture of the sticker on the ticket box at work that’s women’s underwear with a caption that says “put on your big girl panties and deal with it”
The front wipers around here would call hr so fast on that your head’d spin.

I’ve gotta get a picture of the sticker on the ticket box at work that’s women’s underwear with a caption that says “put on your big girl panties and deal with it”
The “good ole boys network” at cpw. Lol
Whew I can’t even imagine.
I wonder if they ever fist fight up there?

What are you going to do, beat him up after school? F’n blowhard, blow harder.
Well I’m pretty sure what I said doesn’t require interpretation or I made any threats……but as one who has lost loved ones way to early in life and held the hand of one of their parents as they took their last breath, I believe it’s a dick move to degrade someone who’s world just got turned upside down with the death of their mother just to get a reaction from people on the internet. But if someone disagrees with my opinion on this matter and wants to continue this conversation in person I’m more than willing to do so. I live in Montrose, CO. Send me a message when you arrive.

Well I’m pretty sure what I said doesn’t require interpretation or I made any threats……but as one who has lost loved ones way to early in life and held the hand of one of their parents as they took their last breath, I believe it’s a dick move to degrade someone who’s world just got turned upside down with the death of their mother just to get a reaction from people on the internet. But if someone disagrees with my opinion on this matter and wants to continue this conversation in person I’m more than willing to do so. I live in Montrose, CO. Send me a message when you arrive.
Did you wrestle in highschool or college?
Have you trained any striking?

Very few people on here brave enough to get in an actual fight.
Plenty of white knights and folks who would convince other people to fight for them though.

Did you wrestle in highschool or college?
Have you trained any striking?

Got anything worthwhile to post? If you've posted anything worthwhile I the last year, in all my travel and lack of time here on the forum, I must have missed it.

Take your recent "Johnny Bad Ass" keyboard persona to Facebook.

Edit: Doug is gone. I have no idea what flipped his switch recently, but it won't be tolerated any longer.

I'm tired of the bullshit folks. Straighten up or you'll be done here. Someone starts a thread expressing condolences to a family with a recent death we have a few pricks who have to use that moment to act like a complete ass. This forum is a money-losing pit and I've tired of the shit. Get over yourselves or move on.

Last edited:
Well I guess at this point I extremely regret a single word that was used in my contribution to this thread (which was nothing but saying something good about the deceased and her husband). Guess you can't post any opinions on here anymore without a harsh backlash. I'll keep my contributions to hunting stories only I suppose

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back