Jim Shockey..a.charmed life or what?

noharleyyet

...seems down to earth to me, enjoy his show.

Jim has been an award winning outdoor writer, wildlife photographer\videographer, wilderness guide and outfitter for the last two decades. He has exclusive guiding territories on world-renowned Vancouver Island, British Columbia, in the wilds of the Yukon Territory, in the Sonoran Desert of Old Mexico and also in the heart of big whitetail buck country in Saskatchewan. Jim’s personal hunting experiences include travel to the remotest, wildest and most beautiful reaches of North America.

He has traveled for weeks by dogsled with the Inuit in the high arctic and climbed the Sierra Madres of Mexico looking for Coues deer. He’s spiritually “smudged” with the Beaver Cree and traveled the water roads of the Northwest Territories searching for caribou with the Dene first nations people. Jim has learned his tracking skills from the Bushmen of the Kalahari Desert in Namibia, learned to live off the land from the Aboriginal People in the Australian Outback and has “faced his lion” with the proud Masai warriors in Tanzania.

During the course of his adventures, he has taken numerous muzzleloading world records, including, Stone’s sheep, bison, Roosevelt elk, Shirus moose, muskox, walrus, white-bearded wildebeest, Grant’s gazelle, steenbok and many more. He is the first and only hunter in the world to complete the “NORTH AMERICAN SUPER SLAM” and “ULTIMATE SLAM” using only a muzzleloader. Jim has published more than 1,000 adventure articles for virtually all the largest outdoor magazines, produces videos and hosts his own adventure television show on the Outdoor Channel.

Jim was formerly an All-American swimmer in university (combined Biology Psychology major) and then played on the National waterpolo team for six years. Jim participated in both the 1978 and 1982 world championships but did not attend the 1980 Olympics because of the international boycott against Russia. Jim is considered to be one of the world’s foremost experts on the Ethnocentric Folk Art forms from Western Canada. Jim dealt in and still deals in art and antiques, and his collections have appeared several times in Country Living magazine and Century Home magazine.

Jim is head over heels in love with and married to his best friend Louise (a former actress), since the early 1980’s. They have two wonderful children

Thanks for posting that. Now I feel even worse about myself. In comparison I am an abject loser and lead about as boring and mundane a life as can be imagined. Thanks...

On a more upbeat note, I did get to go to the grocery store by myself today!

Thanks for posting that. Now I feel even worse about myself. In comparison I am an abject loser and lead about as boring and mundane a life as can be imagined. Thanks...

On a more upbeat note, I did get to go to the grocery store by myself today!

...without a list?:eek:

His wife makes Tiffany look like chopped liver IMO. In person she was just as glamorous if not more so, and seemed real nice too. Given her age equaled... i think if you could compare her to most women on the outdoor shows she would be on top. I envy Jim as he is portrayed, he has it all and then some, the lucky dog. Anyone know what his Wife did as an actress before she was named Shockey? I tried to see if she did any movies that I know or was a stage actress but was never able to find what her maiden name was. A couple guys I work with think she is the hottest chick on the hunting shows as well, but they are all old farts like me. Lets see what Tiffany looks like when she is Shockeys age and had kids, i bet it wouldn't be a contest

Aside from OYOA that is the only hunting show my wife will watch with me. She wasn't too offended last week when I told her I'd marry Shockey's daughter if given the chance. :D

His wife makes Tiffany look like chopped liver IMO. In person she was just as glamorous if not more so, and seemed real nice too. Given her age equaled... i think if you could compare her to most women on the outdoor shows she would be on top. I envy Jim as he is portrayed, he has it all and then some, the lucky dog. Anyone know what his Wife did as an actress before she was named Shockey? I tried to see if she did any movies that I know or was a stage actress but was never able to find what her maiden name was. A couple guys I work with think she is the hottest chick on the hunting shows as well, but they are all old farts like me. Lets see what Tiffany looks like when she is Shockeys age and had kids, i bet it wouldn't be a contest

Jim refers to Len Johann as his father in law,(on the Hal & Len shows) but a search of Louise Johann turned up nothing..

I read something once saying he was a model Why is that not mentioned in there I believe that is where they met. As far as the Tiffany thing maybe I'm just not old enough yet to take that stance ;). He seems a bit odd sometimes but the professionals show has some of the most amazing footage I have ever seen

What I can't figure out is how a topic from 4 years ago resurfaces from someones first time posting here:D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back