Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

It's a Small World, Charlie Brown

Gerald Martin said:
Here's a big thank-you to Big Fin for putting up with the hassle of supporting this site and moderating the ideological warfare that occurs here. I hope it pays off in something other than satisfaction someday. Here's to all of you that I am proud to call friends after meeting you and to all the people I hope to meet and share adventure with in the future. It's a small world and the opportunity to connect with people you hadn't anticipated developing a relationship may be much closer than you imagined.

We'll said, Gerald. Well said.

Suggested posts at the bottom of the search bar bring some timely reminders back to the top.

Five years after this original post and the list of adventures with Hunttalkers has only grown.

Keeps all the down in the mouth talk about how bad Hunttalk has become somewhat in perspective.

Since the original 2017 thread detailing my 2016 season experience was posted…

Earlier that year.

Later that same . There’s enough stories since that original post that I’m not sure I have the time or energy right now to search and post all of them. My main point in bringing this back up is there’s still plenty of great things about Hunttalk if you want to see them.

My main point in bringing this back up is there’s still plenty of great things about Hunttalk if you want to see them.

If I’m honest with myself, my feelings about the goings-on at Hunt Talk have WAY more to do with what’s happening in my life than the content of the discussions on this forum. Last year I had to take a sabbatical from HT to really focus on the important and incredibly stressful things I was personally dealing with. It was good. I laid low for a while earlier this year during a period of high stress. If a lot of what people are writing about on here is pissing me off, there’s a good chance that I’m dealing with a lot of personal stress and am agitated in general.

Finding this community has been one of the more surprising things to occur in my adult life. I was hardly an internet user prior to joining Hunt Talk. I’ve met some great people here who I consider to be real friends. There are many more solid people on here who I’d gladly share a campfire with anytime.

I have to agree, without this site I doubt I would of been as successful as I have, and passed on my tiny bit of experience to a couple of friends that came with me to find their quarry. I feel there is an element of suspicion when one first joins, but it soon goes away, and lots of advice and help (in my case) gets offered via email and pm, one chap even sent me areas I could download to my gps (as it happened I had already hunted the same area but next drainage over!) and whilst I won't be back hunting again it has left me with great memories.

What did surprise us one day we met 3 guys from Bozeman back at the car, it was around 50 miles south of Dillon.
We got chatting and they asked how us Brits found our way to what they considered their 'honey hole', I said it was through a chap I met on this site (no longer around), and said you must of heard of @Big Fin?
Nope, ever watched his videos? Nope.
But the loudest seemed like a nice chap, he said before you go home drop into my gin bar in Bozeman, we did, well what a change in personality, hardly gave us the time of day, (I guess it didn't help we had cammo on!) full of what I would describe as yuppies, in that environment he came across as a real jerk!

But a new friend I have met on here is coming to hunt with me in October, so it works both ways I guess.

Cheers

Richard

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back