Yeti GOBOX Collection

ISO Affordable, quality lightweight sleeping bag.

I hate to say those things are mutually exclusive when you’re looking at sleeping bags, but you can’t have all of them and have them be affordable. If you’re looking for a 15 degree down bag for most spring/summer/early fall conditions there’s some good 650 fill down options that won’t be too crazy expensive. Marmot sawtooth, REI, etc.

Buy used?
But I would be weirded out by certain stains.🤣
The bag and pad id really like to get new. A tent don’t need to be. I got a sea to summit pad yesterday and I’ve been shopping around for bags for months but can’t settle on anything.
Not a lot to go on there... affordable to me is $3-400. warmest? 0? Light? 1.5-2lbs?
I’d like to keep it under 200, hopefully 0 but okay with 10-20 degree. Sub 4 lbs would be nice.

What do you use?

I've got a Big Agne 20 deg I've been using since 2008. It's not the lightest or warmest but works fine for 95% of my hunting. I bought a 30deg quilt I use for early archery stuff. Super light and plenty warm for the first couple weeks of archery if the weathers nice. A lot of gear heads buy stuff and sell it like new on FB marketplace.

Klymit KSB go for pretty reasonable prices. I got a 0 deg and stayed warm during 2nd elk in CO at 10000’. Pretty lightweight, I could fit it in my backpack and spike camp out of it if I needed to.

You can cut corners. Buy a 30 degree, but plan on sleeping in a puffy jacket/ pants over a decent pad if it's colder out.
Many bags don't truly work at the temp they state, so you generally you have to go overkill.
Your criteria is a bit unrealistic.

Hyke and Bike, Eolus 0° down 850 fill power. Under 4lbs, and packs relatively small. Haven't checked prices recently but got mine for under $200 several years ago. Very comfortable and super warm.

Hyke and Bike, Eolus 0° down 850 fill power. Under 4lbs, and packs relatively small. Haven't checked prices recently but got mine for under $200 several years ago. Very comfortable and super warm.
I was looking at that one! It’s still 200 and I’ve read a couple reviews about it being like an overpriced trash bag but most other reviews say good things! Thanks for your suggestion, I’m glad someone on here’s tried one of those

Just read reviews about this bag.
For $200, jeez, worth a try.

It might sound funny but bag shopping is about so many more things than price. Define what your needs are first then find best bag for money that fits that. Temp rating/fill/ weight/size/shape etc.... my most used bag is a big agnes park series that has the integrated sleeping pad sleeve, since i am a side sleeper amd bigger guy, i like a lot of room in my rectangle bag.

Temps on bags are based off a survival rating not a comfort rating. I’m 6’ and weigh between 220-230 most days and my stone glacier actually fits me. The temp rating is true and I don’t feel like I’m all wrapped up. I’d save the money for a higher end bag if you need to season is still aways off

Temps on bags are based off a survival rating not a comfort rating. I’m 6’ and weigh between 220-230 most days and my stone glacier actually fits me. The temp rating is true and I don’t feel like I’m all wrapped up. I’d save the money for a higher end bag if you need to season is still aways off
I agree with your observation on SG. I have the 30 degree. I'm getting the 0 degree, ...sell something to buy something always an alternative.

Highly recommend lightly used, some great deals come around on eBay, set a search notification for the brands you're interested in. Rich fackers go on a mountaineering trip and buy top of the line everything, use it once and dump it.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jd Gardner
Back