Is the MT rut kickin in?

Just seen a large 4 pt walk across the highway down in Nevada. He was definitely in rut, licking his chops and swollen neck.

I will not be back in Montana until the 23rd for the holiday week, still hope to find whitetail or mule deer acting stupid in region 1. Good luck out there.

Lots of orange in Glasgow right now. Saw a nice one in the back of a truck at the grocery store last night.

Saw whitetails starting to follow does this morning. The does weren't interested in the least, but it's getting close to being in full swing.

Great photos MTMuley, we hove the same thing going on strong here.
This guy was chasing does right by the house this morning before there was enough lite for my camera.
Had a couple of friends after him last week while he was in his right mind. Today the poor guy is brain-dead. Hope he stays out of sight of from the road.

Attachments

• tom nbob.jpg
    tom nbob.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 466
  • tom nbobs buck.jpg
    tom nbobs buck.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 463
Had a little forked horn breed a doe here by the house wedensday evening while a nice 4x4 stood by watching. Same little guy was chasing does earlier in the morning with the very nice big buck that I pictured on page one of this post. He is a fearless little fart, and the ladies seem to like him. Can't wait till daylight to see if he is back after my hayfield does.

I'm leaving Friday night to eastern Montana. Hopefully I can find a dumb one and give it a dirt nap with the 25-06. According to the rancher the out sniffing around.

Many groups of different does yesterday, but no bucks. It is warm to say the least. Snow on Sunday.

Q: Trying to decide whether to try a different area?, OR stick with these ladies in hopes a buck or 2 shows by Sunday? What would you guys do here?, please advise.

Back