Yeti GOBOX Collection

Is the Coronavirus a Joke to some People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough.

There are a few in my neck of the woods also. They have lost my business forever.
To be honest, I bet I could walk in any business here where I live without a mask. People are everyday. If you lived here, you couldn't do any business if you feel that way. We've had the mandate and things ain't changing. mtmuley

To be honest, I bet I could walk in any business here where I live without a mask. People are everyday. If you lived here, you couldn't do any business if you feel that way. We've had the mandate and things ain't changing. mtmuley

I kinda knew that.

Like I said, a few businesses have lost my business going forward. One is one where I gave my business to the smaller guy. If he has so little respect for my health, our paths won't cross again.

I kinda knew that.

Like I said, a few businesses have lost my business going forward. One is one where I gave my business to the smaller guy. If he has so little respect for my health, our paths won't cross again.
Just because the business chooses not to enforce the mandate doesn't mean you can't wear one. mtmuley

A local gun shop here in NY has a “no mask” policy. I will never darken their door again. I respect if someone doesn’t want to take precautions, I may not agree, but I respect it. However, I don’t understand why they would want to take the stance against folks who are taking it seriously.
Oh well, I’m fortunate that there are a few shops around the I can move my business to.

So i haven't been joining in really but kinda just watching this thread out of curiosity and I had Covid... And I'll say this ill take Covid any day over the stomach flu. Stomach flu is way worse for me than Covid was. I'll also had some cousins and uncles from another state that some of them had it and they said the same thing. We did have one friend that had it a lil worse but it was still nothing as bad as having something like bad strep throat.

Last edited:
So its ok for a business to enforce that customers wear masks, but if a business chooses to let the customer decide to wear or not wear a mask they lose your business forever? Thats dumb....yea I said dumb.

So its ok for a business to enforce that customers wear masks, but if a business chooses to let the customer decide to wear or not wear a mask they lose your business forever? Thats dumb....yea I said dumb.

Its dumb, IMO, to live in the "land of the free" and tell someone else they're dumb for making a choice, for whatever reason, to never shop at a business again for any reason they want.

Tough to say we have choices, then call someone dumb for exercising their right to choose.

But, its about on par these days...your choice is right, as long as its the same as mine.

Wear a mask, great!. don’t wear a mask, great!. Require it in your business, great!. don’t, great! Free country, cost of freedom is sometimes High, nobody forcing you to do anything, don’t want to go to the store, don’t.. want to stay away from people, great, go for it.

850,000 people die every year from heart disease/stroke, don’t see the government shutting down fast food joints, banning puckey, putting fish oil in the water and mandating everyone exercise a hour a day..

I know a couple people now who have lived in the same house as people who were symptomatic and tested positive, when they became symptomatic they didn’t even get tested, just dealt with it like a cold. 116 people were positive at a job site in big sky, all 116 asymptomatic. Maybe the Rona will get us, maybe a grizz.. anything you do in life has some level of risk, in a free country each person can determine that for themselves and live accordingly.. wasn’t changing how I live my life In April, still haven’t..

Last edited:

I could have written my first post more clearly. It is the businesses where their employees are not bothering with the masks that have lost my business.

You could have read both posts and come to that conclusion without then posting your insult.

Since, our governor issued the mask mandate,, a large majority of the public is complying,, at least around here.

Wear a mask, great!. don’t wear a mask, great!. Require it in your business, great!. don’t, great! Free country, cost of freedom is sometimes expensive, nobody forcing you to do anything, don’t want to go to the store, don’t.. want to stay away from people, great, go for it.

850,000 people die every year from heart disease/stroke, don’t see the government shutting down fast food joints, banning puckey, putting fish oil in the water and mandating everyone exercise a hour a day..

I know a couple people now who have lived in the same house as people who were symptomatic and tested positive, when they became symptomatic they didn’t even get tested, just dealt with it like a cold. 116 people were positive at a job site in big sky, all 116 asymptomatic. Maybe the Rona will get us, maybe a grizz.. anything you do in life has some level of risk, in a free country each person can determine that for themselves and live accordingly.. wasn’t changing how I live my life In April, still haven’t..
I just took a sip of coffee in a toast to your comment!
Could not have said it better myself.

I could have written my first post more clearly. It is the businesses where their employees are not bothering with the masks that have lost my business.

You could have read both posts and come to that conclusion without then posting your insult.

Since, our governor issued the mask mandate,, a large majority of the public is complying,, at least around here.
That makes a little more sense. I still think its silly that they lose your business forever over it. I wasn't trying to be insulting. I really just think its a dumb way of thinking.

Wear a mask, great!. don’t wear a mask, great!. Require it in your business, great!. don’t, great! Free country, cost of freedom is sometimes High, nobody forcing you to do anything, don’t want to go to the store, don’t.. want to stay away from people, great, go for it.

Although expression reflects not joking attitude regarding the pandemic, yet the (850k) statistical analogy lacks logical nexus and anecdotal conclusion actually supports what science is saying about some being minimally affected, while thousands of others are critically, even fatally, impacted. As a respectful citizen living in a relative "hot spot" area, it has definitely changed how I live my life, mostly out of respect for others, but certainly to stay safe as a senior guy.

Thirty year military, two-tour Vietnam veteran, having worked for state & federal agencies, as well as mostly in private sector ... please do not lecture me on the US Constitution or the meaning and privilege of FREEDOM.

That makes a little more sense. I still think its silly that they lose your business forever over it. I wasn't trying to be insulting. I really just think its a dumb way of thinking.

I've stopped doing business with people for less...

Lots of options to buy chit these days, one bad experience I'll take my business elsewhere.

So i haven't been joining in really but kinda just watching this thread out of curiosity and I had Covid... And I'll say this ill take Covid any day over the stomach flu. Stomach flu is way worse for me than Covid was. I'll also had some cousins and uncles from another state that some of them had it and they said the same thing. We did have one friend that had it a lil worse but it was still nothing as bad as having something like bad strep throat.
So from personal experience your conclusion is that Covid is a pretty mild affliction? It follows then that the fatality reports from New York and the rest of the world are false, ergo supporting the pandemic hoax.
Like Grandpa said, "Put your head in the sand ... and your butt is exposed!"

So from personal experience your conclusion is that Covid is a pretty mild affliction? It follows then that the fatality reports from New York and the rest of the world are false, ergo supporting the pandemic hoax.
Like Grandpa said, "Put your head in the sand ... and your butt is exposed!"
Yes but I'm also not overweight and don't have any health issues either.

My own thinking on the matter of mass hysteria of crowds, which is what we've been witnessing for months on end, is that when en mass groups decide something together, they are wrong by simple observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back