Is the Coronavirus a Joke to some People?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the article you linked to. I guess I missed the hard questions. It went on an on about censoring political opinions of one side but didn't mention doing that for the other side. How do you see it as good journalism and objective?
Perpetuating lies seems to be the only way for FB to be "objective" or "balanced" in your eyes.
I hate FB mostly for pretending to care more than actually caring in instances if it generates $ for them. The interviewer pointed this out and the interviewee struggled to clearly answer it with anything other that "we try".

Perpetuating lies seems to be the only way for FB to be "objective" or "balanced" in your eyes.
I hate FB mostly for pretending to care more than actually caring in instances if it generates $ for them. The interviewer pointed this out and the interviewee struggled to clearly answer it with anything other that "we try".

I'm sure the interviewer pounced on this weak ass answer - we try. And came back over the top with a hard hitting question asking if FB censors bad actors from China and how they support interference for the other side. After all, Russia, China, and Iran are all trying to sway the election, per the report in the article.

I'm sure the interviewer pounced on this weak ass answer - we try. And came back over the top with a hard hitting question asking if FB censors bad actors from China and how they support interference for the other side. After all, Russia, China, and Iran are all trying to sway the election, per the report in the article.
Feel free to provide some better examples. Like I said, I love good journalism.

Feel free to provide some better examples. Like I said, I love good journalism.

Perhaps he can post Dr. Frank's latest projections on covid 19. Frank's first projection of 1400 deaths total from the virus must certainly qualify as a joke.

Perhaps he can post Dr. Frank's latest projections on covid 19. Frank's first projection of 1400 deaths total from the virus must certainly qualify as a joke.
I guess Fauci was a joke too, right? "This is not a major threat to the US and not something US citizens should be worried about"

I guess Fauci was a joke too, right? "This is not a major threat to the US and not something US citizens should be worried about"

Only you would find those two comparable.

Maybe you could post Dr. Frank's latest projection. He must have found his error by now.

Only you would find those two comparable.

Maybe you could post Dr. Frank's latest projection. He must have found his error by now.
Not sure of projection. Here is one of his latest graphs to show how things are looking across the country.
1597791067715.png

Gee, his 1400 death total is sure looking good. I like all of the colors he is using.
Give it a break man. You go off the data at the time to make projections and that data changes. His initial is still closer to being right than the Imperial College projections. And those were the gospel in the beginning and what prompted all of the "response".

You go off the data at the time to make projections and that data changes
Yeah. I think I said that when you wanted to marry the advice given in March. Let it go. We are learning as we go on this one. It is just impossible for politicians to admit that. At lease I think you are smart enough to realize it.

Yeah. I think I said that when you wanted to marry the advice given in March. Let it go. We are learning as we go on this one. It is just impossible for politicians to admit that. At lease I think you are smart enough to realize it.
You may think but I know I said that back then. I’ll continue to listen to the experts I trust and make risk assessments for myself and my family. Hopefully you will do the same. Take care

The 2nd part to the Plandemic documentary was released yesterday. I haven't had time to watch it all yet but the first 10 minutes are pretty interesting. I'm not endorsing the documentary but I'll post a link in case anybody wants to check it out.

The 2nd part to the Plandemic documentary was released yesterday. I haven't had time to watch it all yet but the first 10 minutes are pretty interesting. I'm not endorsing the documentary but I'll post a link in case anybody wants to check it out.

Interesting that you would bring up fact checkers and specifically Politifact. Do me a favor if you would. Go to the part 2 video I posted and watch from minutes 15-25. I’m not saying all of it is 100% true but I think it is interesting, no matter one’s politics. It is getting crazy the amount of power and control big tech has on the content that the public is allowed to see.

Interesting that you would bring up fact checkers and specifically Politifact. Do me a favor if you would. Go to the part 2 video I posted and watch from minutes 15-25. I’m not saying all of it is 100% true but I think it is interesting, no matter one’s politics. It is getting crazy the amount of power and control big tech has on the content that the public is allowed to see.

These conspiracy theories are legitimately harmful to people. I support everyone’s 1A rights. Media and tech companies are privately owned and therefore perfectly within their rights to ban dangerous content.

The kkk has a right to say whatever they want, YouTube shouldn’t have distribute their videos.

These conspiracy theories are legitimately harmful to people. I support everyone’s 1A rights. Media and tech companies are privately owned and therefore perfectly within their rights to ban dangerous content.

The kkk has a right to say whatever they want, YouTube shouldn’t have distribute their videos.
What's dangerous is big pharma/tech censoring any dissenting opinions. It is about $ and not safety. I know you think the video would be a waste of your time. Give it a few minutes. It touches on several big issues that aren't necessarily left or right issues. They are people issues. Not all conspiracies are theories.

What's dangerous is big pharma/tech censoring any dissenting opinions. It is about $ and not safety. I know you think the video would be a waste of your time. Give it a few minutes. It touches on several big issues that aren't necessarily left or right issues. They are people issues. Not all conspiracies are theories.
Difference is that I don’t listen to my wife tell me about how shitty her day was because she had 5 patients die because they didn’t believe in the moon landing.

Real people are getting hurt, people moms, dads, brothers, sisters, kids...

I get it conspiracy theories are fun...hell I love speculating about tons of them myself. What really happened to DB Cooper, did someone bucket biology a grizzly into CO in the 80s.

Those don’t cause 22 year old parents to choose not vaccinate their kids, and then have that kid die of an easily preventable disease. My cousins a Chaplin at children’s, he’s the one who has to help those parents pick up the pieces.

This conspiracy theory thinking has continued across a number of threads, at this point I know it’s falling on def ears.

My link was just a disclaimer to help others who might stumble across this thread.

Your article shows pretty clearly how the "numbers" can be manipulated by politicians to control the narrative. The % positive went up but the number of cases was more than cut in half. All by changing the testing protocol.

On July 15th, Montana Governor Steve Bullock put into place a directive making wearing a mask mandatory in all Montana counties with four or more active cases of COVID-19. The directive required masks/face coverings to be used in most indoor settings where social distancing can't be maintained.

A month later we now have numbers to evaluate the effectiveness of the governor's directive in helping prevent the spread of COVID-19 here in Gallatin County. You'll see that the number of coronavirus tests has fallen considerably. In mid-July just after the governor's directive was issued, the state changed their testing protocol and stopped testing asymptomatic patients (showing no symptoms of the virus).

The following data is provided by the Gallatin City-County Health Department. You can access that data by clicking here.

From July 1 - July 15 (Pre-Mask Directive)

• COVID-19 Tests Conducted in Gallatin County: 4240
  • Positive Cases - 284
  • % of Positive Tests: 6.69%
From August 1 - August 15 (Post-Mask Directive)

• COVID-19 Tests Conducted in Gallatin County: 1877
  • Positive Cases: 127
  • % of Positive Tests: 6.76%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back