Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Is it winter?

Still nothing but rain and warm tents here, even had a tornado up north of us and been under a watch all day.

Cold front comes in next week with some snow in the forecast, wife and I are going hunting. I hope it snows on us.

I saw you folks were getting a lot of snow. I still check the news up there even though I won't be coming back. How much more before the critters are affected? (Pushed onto roads, etc.)
We're ahead of normal in most areas in the interior and south central (150-200% of normal). Its still early though, with 4 months of winter left. :( Hopefully we get a reprieve, but if its anything like this summer/fall, we won't. I'm pretty sure we've set an all time precip record for the year. I just hope we can avoid the rain on snow crap.

Most of AK is above normal for this time of the year, but its early and the animals should be in prime shape. On the bright side, there won't be many lambs or calves to winter kill. Very few made it through the late spring, died with their mother last winter, or were aborted. Its not pretty anywhere you look. Very few spots around the state are normal.

We're ahead of normal in most areas in the interior and south central (150-200% of normal). Its still early though, with 4 months of winter left. :( Hopefully we get a reprieve, but if its anything like this summer/fall, we won't. I'm pretty sure we've set an all time precip record for the year. I just hope we can avoid the rain on snow crap.

Most of AK is above normal for this time of the year, but its early and the animals should be in prime shape. On the bright side, there won't be many lambs or calves to winter kill. Very few made it through the late spring, died with their mother last winter, or were aborted. Its not pretty anywhere you look. Very few spots around the state are normal.
I haven’t heard much from my cousin out in Fairbanks lately. I think he’s been working a lot this year vs out hunting and fishing. He’s a real laid back guy though and just accepts life in AK as it is.

Just got another foot. Minus 6 this weekend. Probably over 7' at the cabin. At least the cold will crystal the snow. Sugar snow. But will freeze on top so you can get around.
Cutting trail to the cabin is going to be a workout.
Schools have been closed all week couple power outages. Another day in ak, guess you gotta love it. We're ready

Everything was frozen up here in Franklin County Pa. this morning and not much was moving. Temps at 31° until around noon when it started to rain pretty hard. Farther north they had 3” snow but nothing here all day. But I never left the house, not even to go to the mail box. But tomorrow is to be nicer with a high around 41° and partly sunny by noon.

Super fun freezing fog, freezing rain, snow and temps right at freezing has led to my place being a skating rink. I can’t wait to be in Arizona in a couple weeks

Super fun freezing fog, freezing rain, snow and temps right at freezing has led to my place being a skating rink. I can’t wait to be in Arizona in a couple weeks
Hey, we only have three or four more months..

Next week looks interesting.
We’ve been looking at that same type of forecast (not quite as extreme) for a week now, and it just keeps pushing out. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Eighty degrees here the last few days in east TX. I fished for trout in shorts and T-shirt today, not a fish though they are there.

Haven’t put any meat in the freezer. Failed in CO and haven’t had much time here at home.

Wife had CT scan Monday and goes in for surgery tomorrow. Praying it all goes well and we can get back to normal.

Strange year.
View attachment 254269View attachment 254270View attachment 254271
Your trout stream looks a little different than the ones I’m used to lol

5 now with a high of 25 forecast.
Tomorrow should be around zero and a warming trend after that.

Coldest I've seen here is -46. It beats Montana's -75...It's a dry cold. LOL

The deep snow is really stressing out the moose. And the wolves are probably having a fiest. They just come upon a moose trail n follow it. Will wear itself out quickly and be an easy meal. Be nice to go sit on a couple kills.
They get kinda dangerous around the house. And step right over the 5' fence around the house. Our chessy is trained adequately to be able to call her off but it could explode fast. She thinks that one of the grandkids could get hurt it will happen.
Wife n me got charged while looking out our bedroom window. Thought a little bull was coming through. We have a pair of twin brothers it appears. They will want to hang around a while. We raise meat rabbits too. Keep the hay in the shed but they will eat the hay in the manure pile.
Meeting one out on a trail will be common. Hopefully not at 55 mph. Hey just life around here. Near 10 below this weekend

Attachments

• 20221208_095816.jpg
    20221208_095816.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 20210323_081953.jpg
    20210323_081953.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member