Is it winter?

It’s coming next week, late. That means just in time for Christmas, a white Christmas for a change here, anyway. Not as much as some but enough for me. Tomorrow I will turn the Honda thrower around and put gas in it by Tuesday. With what they are predicting for temperatures by Christmas Eve, I will get good use out of my M65 field jacket with the liner.

We got some random sleet today, then back to rain. It has cooled off though. We did some shopping this morning before the wife and kiddo went to visit my “famiiy” in DFW for the weekend. My wife asked “how are you just wearing a T-shirt?”

My buddy was suppose to come over to drink and grill but was a no show. I figure it was too cold and wet for him, despite jump school and SERE; after Iraq he loves the heat. I’ve had enough heat to last a lifetime.

Up stoking the fire. 2 deg outside, 72 inside. It'll be below zero out by sunrise. Windchill , -15.

Wonder how it would have been living in the dugout here on the homestead in 1920?

Grampa saved this one from starvation yesterday. He had a muzz tag for hunt near town here. Luckily we were able to snake it out to the road. Snow is waist deep in the woods. First whole moose I've ever had in my garage... I sorta think its easier to just break them down.

20221216_210906.jpg

We are just coming out of an Arctic blast. lasted 10 days, its a bit of a shock to us at -9c and we have made a dent in our wood store, plus the deer would hear me coming a mile off. Record 40c temps in summer.
This week, back to 13c and heavy rain.
But at least it has triggered the salmon into spawning
Cheers
Richard

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back