Is 70 too old to hunt elk?

JCS

NOPE

Here is my dads elk from a few years ago. He has shots lots of elk just nothing very big. He applied for a special tag here in MT and drew his first year. Go figure. We only hunted for 3 days and passed several good bulls and on the morning of the 4th day he could wait no longer. 2 shots from the old .270 and it was over. I think this gun is older than me.

I didnt have to pack this one as my game cart worked very well.

Now it is my turn.

Attachments

• SCAN0001.JPG
    SCAN0001.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 603
Taking my 73 year old dad to CO this year I'd love to see him tag one even close to that. Your too old when you decide that your too old.

Hunt to live and you'll live to hunt. Stay in shape and keep at it. I'll hit 65 in a few months and I'm not giving up in 5 years by a long shot.

Hoping to archery hunt this fall. I'am turning 70 this year and friend is 70 now. Planning a DIY in CO. unit 40..

Not on your life! I'll be 69 soon and when your hair is gone, your teeth are gone, and your sex drive is gone, there is still hunting. My paternal Grandfather died of a massive heart attack just after killing a whitetail buck; he was 79. 25 years later my Dad killed a buck too, at the age of 79. I certainly hope I don't break the string. (I still have some hair, teeth, and the rest you will just have to speculate on based on your own libido.)

Is 90 too old?

Dispensingsomeknowledge.jpg

I like what Steamer said. I'm 65 and spent the day down-hill skiing. You're only as old as you act. My wife thinks I'm 14, and I'm doing my best to live up to it. On Wednesday evenings you'll find my wife and I down at the sacred spot playing my Stratocaster and singing rock and roll. I've heard you're never to old to rock and roll and I hope the same applies to hunting.

Go for it. You've got everything to lose.

My dad just turned 71 and I take him out hunting elk with a bow on public land every year...not only does he get out and chase elk all day but last year he helped me quarter and pack out my bull. I am not sure what it will take to stop the old man from elk hunting but I do know that at 71 years young he can still get er done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back