Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Intro

tbusmc

Hi everyone, I'm Tom. Joined the site little over a week ago been lurking around. I gaurentee my hunting experence is weak compared to probably all of you, so I may not havemuch info to share but I will try. Im an active duty Marine so been pretty busy, in matter of fact have not been hunting (for critters) in about seven yrs. Im 28 now and finally have a chance to get back to it. Hoping to share my love for the outdoors with my young kids. With that being said, I hope to learn from the members that are willing to share. Might be a silly question but are they any questions I should not ask, like guidance on spots or things like that? Alright well I look forward to sharing and learning.

Tom

No matter if you have experience, just post about your hunts. Most people like it if you have contributed to the forum and have obviously done some research before you start asking for advice on "spots" to hunt. And the "private message" route is a good way to communicate about specifics. If you are reporting on a hunt, it's probably best to leave the unit/region you hunted out of the post. Some folks are somewhat attached to "their" hunting areas, and don't like to see them posted on the internet. Welcome to HT, and thanks for your service.

Just don't be like me and post the *tag soup* stories. Just get out there and get it done. The people on this forum will set you up if you are straight forward. And as Oak says, "Thanks for your service."
Been there, done that, while young.
Welcome aboard!

Oak, thanks for the information. I will be happy to share, hopefully in a few weeks I will have a whitetail down and have something worth sharing to start with. Thanks again.

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find this site both entertaining and informative. Good luck this fall.

Semper Fi

Last edited:
Thanks for your service...

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are only a few on here that know everything... The rest of us are just a step above novice.

Thanks for your service...

Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are only a few on here that know everything... The rest of us are just a step above novice.

I'm just smart enough to know that I'm an idiot.

Thank you for your service.

Welcome and thank you for serving. As noted, experience is not important and neither is horn size when compared to the story of the hunt. Good luck this fall.

Semper Fi

Welcome and thank you for your service. Us midwest guys are at a big disadvantage compared to the outwest, Canada and Alaska members. My biggest best spot to hunt is around 200 acres and I share it w 3 other people lol. OYO for me means being out of sight from another hunter.

Tom, welcome to our happy group. I am fairly new here myself and in a similar situation. Between all the deployments and training, I have done much less hunting in the last 10 years. Sitting in Afghanistan last year with a couple of guys from my PLT, we decided that we would go ELK hunting this winter when we got back. This Friday that going to happen with one of them.

I have found this forum to very entertaining and helpful. I have only started one thread and made sure that I did some searching first. People don't care to re-hash topics that were covered in-depth the week before. Reading all the stories and seeing the pictures sure get you fired up to get in the woods. I particularly like the ones that have the kids, wives, and families in them because that's what it's all about.

Simpli-Fi :D
Sorry, I couldn't resist......16 years and counting Army EOD

Thanks everyone for the welcome messages and the information. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome...

It's ok to be a Marine..not everyone is perfect :D

US Army retired

Ha, a few Soldiers here I see. Glad to see that, we have the best military in the world because we have the best men/women and we are damn good smartasses (as demonstrated) :) . Thank you for your service and the welcome.

Back