Interstate access

"Law says emergency parking only but it really comes down to who is enforcing the law."

Yep, and that's why I said with my luck the first time that I would try it I would get nailed!!!

Done it a couple of times at a spot mentioned previously on this thread. got an Orange tow sticker (which are a pain in the a.. to remove) and a wriiten nasty gram from HP. I wouldn't be too worried.

randy, ill contribute as long as the destination is sagebrush sams.

Frankly it isn't that much fun to hunt near a highway anyway - but if it's your only option...I guess you need to do what you've got to do.

Done it a couple of times at a spot mentioned previously on this thread. got an Orange tow sticker (which are a pain in the a.. to remove) and a wriiten nasty gram from HP. I wouldn't be too worried.

randy, ill contribute as long as the destination is sagebrush sams.

Hunt talk rendezvous?

I got a hold of the Hi-Po Sergeant in charge of the section in question and he told me to put a note in my window so they know I'm not broken down and have it.

Frankly it isn't that much fun to hunt near a highway anyway - but if it's your only option...I guess you need to do what you've got to do.

A few miles of walking and you're in some pretty wild country where I hunt, even next to a freeway.

When I worked for CDOW, I had one site I visited regularly (3-4 times a year) where I had to park along the Interstate and walk in. I would park at least 40 yards off the asphalt, and never had any problem in the emblemed state truck. One time my truck was in the shop, so I took my personal vehicle. When I returned, I had an orange tow tag with the "remove in: 12hrs, 24hrs" boxes crossed out, and "IMMEDIATELY" hand-written in. :D I guess it is more safe for a state vehicle to park along the highway. :rolleyes:

Back