Interbond or Accubond ?

Rooster52

Both near same. Both hard to find around me.

Do you have a preference in these bullets ?

Driving 70 miles this week end to buy some.

I am an AccuBond fan, but if you can't decide try them both and see if one shoots better in your rifle. Hornady is releasing their new ELD-X bullet line soon, not sure if that is replacing the Interbond or not. I plan on trying a few of the new ELD-X bullets just as soon as they're available.

Going to go from the 130 gran partition to a 140 grain bonded bullet and going try some Magpro and reloader 22 in my 270wsm.Will see how they do next week

I bought some 140 grain Accubond tonight on GUNBROKER.com . Have not found any locally for about two months.

Why the new Hornady? Fraid your tip is melting off? mtmuley
I'm guessing I'll still be loading up plenty of AccuBonds, but the BC on the new ELD-X is impressive on paper, have to see if it proves out on the range. That white tipped AccuBond though has been pretty reliable.

I grew up when rifle bullets were just not this well made. Or, at least, I recall a lot of round-nosed ammunition.

I guess, as a result, I am happy with any of the ballistic bullets and once find one that shoots in my rifle then am ready to move on to other factors in my hunting success (or lack thereof, ha ha). I shoot factory loads though usually buy the premium ones. I only shoot out to ranges where I can repeatedly punch paper groups well within the vitals of the game I will later hunt. 90% of my hunts are with the same rifle so am not constantly changing my setup. I have not added a rifle in the last decade.

I guess I do not have the time and patience to spend hours at the rifle range getting my groups 3/8" tighter at 300 yards. I need that time for the treadmill. Especially after 3 different pies today for Thanksgiving.

I really like the accubonds have a killer load for my 300 rum and going to tweak it a little for my elk hunt this next year going to go from 180 grain to 200 hope it works well as the 180, but the performace of the accubonds is impeccable,can't say anything about interbonds as i have never used them, i like the interlocks though.

I believe that Midway has lots of Accubonds. It looks to me like Hornady's new bullet is nothing more than a SST with a new tip. SSTs are the last bullet that I would use. They are very frangible.

Abs, Partitions and standard Interlocks are my go-to bullets.

My rifle loves the Interbonds, so I bought 500 of them. I've shot deer and elk with them. They work as advertised. This year's bull was shot 3 times through the shoulder at 80-100 yards. It caught 2 of the bullets, I'll have to weigh them.

I'm about halfway through my supply of them. If Hornady doesn't start making more, I'll switch over to something else. Maybe the Nosler LR Accubond, or Partition.

My rifle loves the Interbonds, so I bought 500 of them. I've shot deer and elk with them. They work as advertised. This year's bull was shot 3 times through the shoulder at 80-100 yards. It caught 2 of the bullets, I'll have to weigh them.

I'm about halfway through my supply of them. If Hornady doesn't start making more, I'll switch over to something else. Maybe the Nosler LR Accubond, or Partition.

Don't buy a lot of LRAb, until you shoot them. Lots of people have had miserable luck trying to get them to be accurate. That is why SPS usually has lots of seconds.

Not trying to rattle your chain but if I had to hit a shoulder 3 times under 100 yds with a bullet to get the job done - I'd be done with that bullet.

Not trying to rattle your chain but if I had to hit a shoulder 3 times under 100 yds with a bullet to get the job done - I'd be done with that bullet.

Then you would never use most any bullet.

Elk just flat take some killing at times, and it doesn't matter what bullet you use. They're a big animal, and tough.

THIS IS WORD!!!
I have dropped a bull with a 30-30 & Partition @ 50 yrds...and had a cow last yr. hit with a Accubond in a 06,double lunged and she went a good 500 yrds before she laid down.
Only tougher critter I've ever hunted is a wild Russian type boar.

If I shoot an elk, and I have opportunity to shoot again, I do. Every time.

The two recovered bullets punched onside shoulder went through vitals and were found under the offside hide. Any one of the three were kill shots.

I'm guessing I'll still be loading up plenty of AccuBonds, but the BC on the new ELD-X is impressive on paper, have to see if it proves out on the range. That white tipped AccuBond though has been pretty reliable.
I've fooled around with other bullets, but haven't found anything better than Accubonds. mtmuley

Another vote for Accubonds. Worked up a good load and have stuck with it. Accurate and hits hard.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back