Caribou Gear Tarp

Influencers that get involved in the political process for wildlife and hunting

I was just trying to lead you to water for something you could advocate for. Apparently you aren’t a horse and you aren’t drinking.
You are drinking, or i am poor at following your words.

Maybe both? 🤷‍♂️

I have max for sheep, a few less for goat and moose. Already drew both goat and moose.

Guess I should call my family and have them pick up my OTC Montana native elk and deer tags.

Burned up most all of my elk and deer points, 2 rifle breaks bull tags, special deer permit, deer B. Have a few pronghorn points and a pile of elk b tag points.

Reactions: DFS
I have max for sheep, a few less for goat and moose. Already drew both goat and moose.

Guess I should call my family and have them pick up my OTC Montana native elk and deer tags.

Burned up most all of my elk and deer points, 2 rifle breaks bull tags, special deer permit, deer B. Have a few pronghorn points and a pile of elk b tag points.
did you post this in the wrong thread...?

You are drinking, or i am poor at following your words.

Maybe both? 🤷‍♂️
I have drawn a moose tag and a sheep tag in Montana. I know many older guys that haven’t drawn either. Probably never will. There is a seven year wait after drawing but you can buy points. It should be once in a lifetime yet I will be competing against you. I should be out of the game. But I guess im not an influencer. Which was your original post. So you are right no influencer is advocating for stopping it that I know of at least.

There aren’t many influencers or organizations advocating for wildlife they are advocating for more people at the table which compounds the problem.

I have drawn a moose tag and a sheep tag in Montana. I know many older guys that haven’t drawn either. Probably never will. There is a seven year wait after drawing but you can buy points. It should be once in a lifetime yet I will be competing against you. I should be out of the game. But I guess im not an influencer. Which was your original post. So you are right no influencer is advocating for stopping it that I know of at least.

There aren’t many influencers or organizations advocating for wildlife they are advocating for more people at the table which compounds the problem.
To be honest i wouldnt apply for tags like that again. Should be once in a lifetime.

Explained to a previous supervisor i would quit my job (pre children) for a few months if i drew a certain tag.
No thread is drifting to permits.
You of all people would know - any of the hunting personalities ever "show up" in the legislature? Asking and pressing cause i want to know - and i want the rest of the damn internet to know too.

Apparently this shit makes it to people - this might as well if its the truth.

I have noticed some personalities drift into the lane, more so on specifics issues( ballot initiatives ect) vs general advocating for wildlife Ect. However as often as not it seems like they can’t help themselves from putting a political spin or dig into the equation. Not always however but enough for me notice and sour me on the message at times

To be honest i wouldnt apply for tags like that again. Should be once in a lifetime.

Explained to a previous supervisor i would quit my job (pre children) for a few months if i drew a certain tag.

You of all people would know - any of the hunting personalities ever "show up" in the legislature? Asking and pressing cause i want to know - and i want the rest of the damn internet to know too.

Apparently this shit makes it to people - this might as well if its the truth.
The same handful of residents show up for everything...does that count?

Myself, @JM77, and @mulecreek...in case you haven't heard we're a pretty deal around these parts.

I've never seen a hunting personality testify in person here. See a name pop up once in a while on written comments.

The same handful of residents show up for everything...does that count?

Myself, @JM77, and @mulecreek...in case you haven't heard we're a pretty deal around these parts.
Sure counts!

Just wondering - seems like gunwerks, best of the west, eastmans, should nut the hell up and do their part.

Sure counts!

Just wondering - seems like gunwerks, best of the west, eastmans, should nut the hell up and do their part.
Never have seen any of them testify or send in a written comment. Their part is to profit off wildlife, that's it. I'm trying to remember if I've seen anyone other than Randy submit written comments...dont think I ever have.

Sure counts!

They are selling the product you are buying. Business is good.

Never have seen any of them testify or send in a written comment. Their part is to profit off wildlife, that's it. I'm trying to remember if I've seen anyone other than Randy submit written comments...dont think I ever have.
Maybe we are lumping him in with Meateater but Ryan Callaghan has definitely submitted comments here in MT and he’s definitely voiced his concerns publicly many times.

I hope more people post about it. Maybe this will make it on some other 🍆heads youtube channel.

Maybe we are lumping him in with Meateater but Ryan Callaghan has definitely submitted comments here in MT and he’s definitely voiced his concerns publicly many times.
I was talking specifically about Wyoming. The whole meateater crew was pretty awesome on the corner crossing issue, they deserve recongition and praise for that. I'm not surprised Callaghan has voiced his opinions.

Not many were willing to even put a toe over the line on that issue.

Im curious about this to. As everyone knows im not a fan of the hunting media, but i sure can and will get behind the folks who contribute in meaningful ways.
Randy and the meateater/first lite crew walk the walk on the issues from what I read and see. A good friend of mine works for first lite and they are involved in a lot of stuff from big issues to even holding days where pretty much the entire work force goes out and cleans up old barbed wire and things of that nature.
Seems most of the instafluencer types are big into giving away shit like donating a new bow or whatever as a door prize at events, which is great and all but really doesn't do anything for the resource they make money on, but sure makes em look good to the uninvolved sportsman.

Depends on the degree of "influencer". Company or individual requisite?

Meateater consists of promotions w/ financial incentives.

Elk101, Cory Jacobsen... From elk calling extraodinaire to hunt education "influencer".

OnX, as a business has been a value for public land on the public stage.

RMEF, WSF, MDF, BHA, etc, etc, etc.
Many means as "influencers" unless my Gen X doesn't comprehend the concept of influencers.

And - of course, we have our Cat Scratch Fever! Living large as a model influencer! 😉

I was talking specifically about Wyoming. The whole meateater crew was pretty awesome on the corner crossing issue, they deserve recongition and praise for that. I'm not surprised Callaghan has voiced his opinions.

Not many were willing to even put a toe over the line on that issue.
I was luke-warm on meateater content, appreciated their approach relative to most other outdoor media, but wasn't super into any of their stuff...until they became the only name willing to help in the fight on corner crossing. I have enormous respect for them doing that - and lost a lot of faith in others. I would definitely put them on top of the list of 'influencers' supporting the cause.

Back