Caribou Gear Tarp

Impulse buying guns

Beartooth83

How many guns have you bought in this fashion? My count is up to 4. It almost happened again this past weekend. I found a good deal on new Savage in 260 Remington. Any of you guys using a 260? I still might get it, but now it won't be as much of an impulse buy since I've had a chance to ponder now. I thought this might make good conversation.

I have a heavy barreled Savage 10 in 260 Rem. I use it for pronghorn with 139gr Scenars. I'm happy enough with it that I'm comtemplating building/buying one a bit lighter to get more use out of the cartridge.

I have impulse purchased one rifle that I planned to take the scope off of and sell. I made the mistake of shooting it as it was set up and it was impressive and really a perfect rifle/scope setup. I have only packed it a couple times as it is a 300 win mag which is more than I like to shoot. I have shot a savage 260 for all big game for the last 3 years and love it. You will not regret buying it.

Several guns have followed me home.

As for the 260, IMO, it is a great round. I am actually quite surprised that the 6.5 Creedmor is becoming more popular. They are ballistic twins and the 260 is based off of 308 brass vs the 6.5 off of the 30 T/C.

As for the 260, IMO, it is a great round. I am actually quite outraged that the 6.5 Creedmor is becoming more popular. They are ballistic twins and the 260 is based off of 308 brass vs the 6.5 off of the 30 T/C.

Fixed that for you.

I went on a tear of buying AR parts and building them last fall/winter. I still have most of the parts I need with one more in mind. 6.8 SPC. I will build it this winter.

Several guns have followed me home.

As for the 260, IMO, it is a great round. I am actually quite surprised that the 6.5 Creedmor is becoming more popular. They are ballistic twins and the 260 is based off of 308 brass vs the 6.5 off of the 30 T/C.

Call it a 6.5-08 and abate those second thoughts. ; )

So a few weeks ago I started a thread based on how to reduce pack weight. One piece of advice given was to look at rifle weight. Mine weighed well north of 10 pounds. I ended up finding a Kimber Adirondack .308 that I instantly fell in love with. Paired it up with a smaller Vortex scope and took it home. Rifle/scope combo weighs in at 5.5 pounds. Crazy crazy light. I was surprised my wife was onboard...and didnt beat me with it and then shoot me in the leg. Total impulse buy. :)

I have had it happen more times than I can count. Myself and a good friend talk each other into a lot of guns at the local gun shows we go to. It is a real "problem" when we see a whole table of military surplus firearms. It usually starts with one of use saying "I'll buy one if you buy one".

2 rifles, 3 pistols, and one bow. You will like the .260. I ended up getting a 6.5 creed because of the smoking good deal I got on it.

I love the .260, I shoot a lightweight hunting rifle in that caliber and have another .260 that my son built for me that I shoot when my sons drag me along on their competitive shoots. As far as impulse buys, never ............ well, there was recently a lot of talk on here about the 7mm-08 and I headed home early the other night from work, started my truck and the clock said 7:08. I came home and bought one on-line, may qualify as an impulse buy, but it's you guys' fault.

Not only impulse buying guns, but I've actually impulse-bought reloading dies so I then have an EXCUSE to buy the gun! Did that with my 7.7 Arisaka.

Emrah

HAHA I thought this was a troll at first. I don't have enough play money to buy an impulse gun. I have bought a bow on an impulse, for another guy I knew was looking. That's about it.

Last year, I had been bugging my dad to purchase his doe lottery tag for the Minnesota shotgun season. Finally, the day the lottery was to expire he went to his favorite gun shop to apply for the drawing. He than promptly fell in love with a vintage .270, bought it and walked out of the gun shop without ever purchasing that damn doe tag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back