Im bowing out

Spot on with the monopoly money @wllm that's what it felt like for us too. Then you'd finally go way over asking and somebody would come in with cash every single time. We finally ended up settling for a house that needed a lot of work...wasn't really much of an option.

I’m not smart, does this mean there was a bidding war for 22% over asking?
Yeah so asking was $585k, someone put in an offer for $750k, their offer won. Then during the inspection they found a big issue and they settled with the seller for $715… so 22% aka $130k over asking.

Plus I doubt it appraised so they had to have a lot of cash.

Yeah so asking was $585k, someone put in an offer for $750k, their offer won. Then during the inspection they found a big issue and they settled with the seller for $715… so 22% aka $130k over asking.

Plus I doubt it appraised so they had to have a lot of cash.

i just don't get it. these were the stories you were hearing everywhere in the country at the end of 2021 and most of 2022. even the national data is indicating a slow down. i'm just blown away it's still happening. i would not be dicking around with bidding wars during interest rate increases and an economy that seems to be teetering.

i'm keeping tabs on homes in my neighborhood that have been on the market for 30+ days now and have had 3-5 price drops. and we live in the boulder bubble, it's a pricey place to live. i dunno, the higher you climb the harder you fall sometimes i guess?

heck if i know what's going on. maybe the bidding wars are happening around me and i just don't see it 🤷‍♂️

our mortgage would be about 1000-1100 more if we bought it for the same price on todays interest rates....

All the stories make me feel lucky. Market demand has increased the assessed value of my 2100 sq ft house on 7 acres from 220,000 to 250,000 since Covid. Still pretty reasonable around here...

We bid $70k over asking on our house (2022) and were not the highest offer by far, but our realtor had good terms in there and at most we risked $5,000 if there was anything super major on the inspection. And it appraised for over what we offered, so huge win for us.

Felt INSANE at the time to do so, but we wouldn't have been able to even look at our house THIS year in the current market. The rates and when we bought aligned perfectly, zero regrets, but it was an insane process that stretched from Jan 2 to May 2 last year.

Can't imagine trying to do that right now. Bummer about the house @wllm

Stop being so picky and tell the wife she has to commute. Look at this beauty...

I’ve always wanted to buy one of these just to have it.
Will they give you a 30 year on something like this?
It’d be like 50 bucks a month.
And it’s like how could it go down any further?

We bid $70k over asking on our house (2022) and were not the highest offer by far, but our realtor had good terms in there and at most we risked $5,000 if there was anything super major on the inspection. And it appraised for over what we offered, so huge win for us.

Felt INSANE at the time to do so, but we wouldn't have been able to even look at our house THIS year in the current market. The rates and when we bought aligned perfectly, zero regrets, but it was an insane process that stretched from Jan 2 to May 2 last year.

Can't imagine trying to do that right now. Bummer about the house @wllm
Just chatted with a buddy who is looking for a place here in Boston, they are 11 offers in… same kinda deal. Always going over asking, waiving everything… just 10 to 1 buyers to sellers. 🤷‍♂️

It’s the market value on that particular day?
Prices are snapshots in time based on what’s being sold and the interested buyers.

I had a neighbor list his house last summer at $1.6 million and sell in a few days. Another neighbor a few houses from him listed a few weeks later at $1.3 million. Main difference was no horse barn. Neighbor B took six months and sold at $900k. Only major difference was no horse barn and available buyers.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back