Im bowing out

Prices are snapshots in time based on what’s being sold and the interested buyers.

I had a neighbor list his house last summer at $1.6 million and sell in a few days. Another neighbor a few houses from him listed a few weeks later at $1.3 million. Main difference was no horse barn. Neighbor B took six months and sold at $900k. Only major difference was no horse barn and available buyers.
Gawd dayum you guys have stacks on deck!

We've been looking just to the west of there for property to build on for going on three years @wllm. It's just as insane outside of town in the surrounding areas. Missed the boat on a handful pieces just as covid was setting in as we were unsure if my wife was going to get furloughed. Have seen two of those vacant parcels get relisted, one for 3x the 2019 purchase price and the other for just over 2.5x. The only pieces that sit have perk issues, and anything reasonable immediately becomes a bidding war.

We've been looking just to the west of there for property to build on for going on three years @wllm. It's just as insane outside of town in the surrounding areas. Missed the boat on a handful pieces just as covid was setting in as we were unsure if my wife was going to get furloughed. Have seen two of those vacant parcels get relisted, one for 3x the 2019 purchase price and the other for just over 2.5x. The only pieces that sit have perk issues, and anything reasonable immediately becomes a bidding war.
Yeah 2 of the places we lost on were 10-15 miles outside of town, you’re totally right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve always wanted to buy one of these just to have it.
Will they give you a 30 year on something like this?
It’d be like 50 bucks a month.
And it’s like how could it go down any further?
Well, anything of value can always go down further. How do you lose 95% on an investment? First it falls 90%, then it falls another 50%.
No, you probably couldn't get a mortgage unless it was under CRA or something. I don't know. Maybe. It would need to be your primary residence and just looking at it, I don't think it will make the appraisal. LOL.

Who's gonna sell a house right now? After they refinanced during covid at 2.5%. That's not helping either
Bingo. Although last data I saw, 25% of all buys were done in cash. Boomers aren't selling until they are carted out of the house feet first.

Well, anything of value can always go down further. How do you lose 95% on an investment? First it falls 90%, then it falls another 50%.
No, you probably couldn't get a mortgage unless it was under CRA or something. I don't know. Maybe. It would need to be your primary residence and just looking at it, I don't think it will make the appraisal. LOL.

Bingo. Although last data I saw, 25% of all buys were done in cash. Boomers aren't selling until they are carted out of the house feet first.
Anecdotal… but the folks who out bid us on a couple of these were all cash so interest rates and appraisals were irrelevant.

Looks like a nice place to me.

@wllm

Dope
10 fuggin acres and that crib for $470?!?!

According to this article, 90% of existing mortgage holders have rates below 5.5% and 70% of mortgages are below 4.5%. Those people are not selling their homes for many years.

According to this article, 90% of existing mortgage holders have rates below 5.5% and 70% of mortgages are below 4.5%. Those people are not selling their homes for many years.
Lower rates could be just around the corner or may never return. No way to tell when

10 fuggin acres and that crib for $470?!?!

There *are* places for sale but then that goes for $650k with 18 offers which is the issue.

We found 6 places we liked, I’m sure we will see several more, the issue is being willing to roll the dice with appraisals gaps.

For us the issue is a short occupancy 3-5 years at most which doesn’t give you a lot of time to mitigate the risk of market fluctuations. I need something that I can sell for what I paid for it.

Our search for a retirement place has essentially stopped in its tracks. We have a 2.25% interest rate and there is no way we are cashing out and using any of our equity. For what it costs on the new purchase and the 7% rate, the value of that equity would just be lost. That is we could even find a place.
We’ve got the same rate - I’m gonna die in this house, even after we pay it off it’s PAID OFF!

There *are* places for sale but then that goes for $650k with 18 offers which is the issue.

We found 6 places we liked, I’m sure we will see several more, the issue is being willing to roll the dice with appraisals gaps.

For us the issue is a short occupancy 3-5 years at most which doesn’t give you a lot of time to mitigate the risk of market fluctuations. I need something that I can sell for what I paid for it.
Y’all are gonna spend a half ticket for 3-5 years?
I always thought of you guys as a hip young adventure couple.
Is an rv and a lot really that far out of the question?
Why y’all pioneers trying to play by the same script as everyone else?
#thinkoutsidethebox

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back