Caribou Gear

If you were to move to a state for big game hunting, which one?

MT or WY are the obvious choices. Hunt multiple species every year and access to lots of public land.

CO could be in the running. The downside is there are a lot more people. The upside being able to go over to Dinkshooter's place to BBQ and enjoy the scenery:D

Now we all know what he means by "Buckhole."

:D:D

Bitches

You are all patiently waiting for the summer 2010 shots, I know. Remember, only in the summer and only in the evenings.

MT or WY are the obvious choices. Hunt multiple species every year and access to lots of public land.

CO could be in the running. The downside is there are a lot more people. The upside being able to go over to Dinkshooter's place to BBQ and enjoy the scenery:D

Guy's - does a Colorado trophy like that require a special drawing ?? or are Colorado residents the only lucky ones to "tag that over the counter" ??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anywhere but Oregon. This son of a bitchin liberal state just passed ANOTHER tax increase on small businesses and the "wealthy". Everyone needs to pay their "fair" share. What a bunch of bull shit!

Sorry, had to vent somewhere. My vote goes to WYor MT.

Definately NOT MT...............there are no animals to hunt in MT, I mean none;):D:D

Oh, actually, you should come over here and shoot a bunch of wolv.......er big coyotes:)

MT, WY, ID, were my choices I was thinking about. Since I have only hunted in MT, thought I would get some different opinions. Thank you for the replies. Now, only to get a job in one of those states.

California

I would not move to California for anything but to shoot politicians. The will not allow you to own most rifles or shotguns or pistols. Even if you have owned them for 40 years you would have to turn them into the police and let them destroy many of the perfectly legal guns. At least they are legal anywhere else. Do try to sell them either you have to file forms to check out the guy your selling to and that your buying from. then you have to pay a fee to do that. Then wait 10 days for it all to clear. Dont try to buy or sell an AR 15 or AR10 or a S&W 500 or a S&W 659 with a 15 rnd clip. You have to pay three kinds of taxes on everything They rip you off on anything. Most of the Deer are really small blacktails too. 99% of the Elk hunting land is in parks on the coast. They have banned fishing most places except for a few ugly bass in some ponds. but dont fish for them that is illegal too. Dont try to four wheel any more you can not get permission and if they catch you the take your truck and fine you 10 grand too. I screwed up when I started out here I wanted to live where there werent any clouds so I did then found out the rest of it. I had to take my guns and buy an apartment in OR till I can get my money out of a house we bought just be fore the crash Then were going to AZ and fish in AK during the summer.

dray

I would not move to California for anything but to shoot politicians. The will not allow you to own most rifles or shotguns or pistols. Even if you have owned them for 40 years you would have to turn them into the police and let them destroy many of the perfectly legal guns. At least they are legal anywhere else. Do try to sell them either you have to file forms to check out the guy your selling to and that your buying from. then you have to pay a fee to do that. Then wait 10 days for it all to clear. Dont try to buy or sell an AR 15 or AR10 or a S&W 500 or a S&W 659 with a 15 rnd clip. You have to pay three kinds of taxes on everything They rip you off on anything. Most of the Deer are really small blacktails too. 99% of the Elk hunting land is in parks on the coast. They have banned fishing most places except for a few ugly bass in some ponds. but dont fish for them that is illegal too. Dont try to four wheel any more you can not get permission and if they catch you the take your truck and fine you 10 grand too. I screwed up when I started out here I wanted to live where there werent any clouds so I did then found out the rest of it. I had to take my guns and buy an apartment in OR till I can get my money out of a house we bought just be fore the crash Then were going to AZ and fish in AK during the summer.

dray

Relax Dray,

Just about everything you just said is an exaggeration. I was a Cali boy for 26 years. So what the blacktails are really small?!? They are tougher to hunt than any mule deer hunt I've ever been on. They are quite a challenge. Besides if you knew any better you would know that Kali has mulies too. Some darn big ones are taken every year. The elk hunting is a very tough draw, but I would give my left nut for a chance to hunt those Tule or Rosevelt elk. Hell I would give both nuts...Anybody with a tag need a pair?? I did draw the Likely Tables Antelope hunt, that was one of the best hunts I ever had. 4-wheeling?? There are plenty of places to go...just stay off the private land and stay within the designated spots. I guess you speak from experience? Perhaps you created some of your own "new" roads?? There are couple of 4-wheeling clubs around that consist of some of the most down to earth folks I ever met. Banned fishing in most places?? Nothing, but a few ugly bass? What does an ugly bass look like? You really didn't make much of an attempt to fish. Kali has some wonderful fishing opportunities...some that I dearly miss. Oh I should mention the duck hunting...anyone willing to put in the time has plenty of opportunities to shoot a lot of duck. At times the duck hunting was downright unreal.

If you are pissed at Kali for your house value tanking...join the club. I hear the violin. It is not only Kali...you want to move to AZ??? I don't think the housing/job market is any better there. I admit the gun stuff is ridiculous...I will give you that. But you can still own a gun and shoot it til your arms fall off. Where the heck did you live in Kali anyways?? Compton??

California is by far one of the most beautiful and diverse states I've ever been too. It has beautiful women, mountains, oceans, lakes etc. I did move to Idaho 6 years ago. I admit I got fed up with the stress of working and living in California. But there were never a shortage of opportunities for outdoor fun. I wanted to try something different and raise a family in a safer/friendlier atmosphere. No I won't be moving back to Kali, but I do go back yearly to see my family and fish for those ugly bass.

Relax Dray,

Just about everything you just said is an exaggeration. I was a Cali boy for 26 years. So what the blacktails are really small?!? They are tougher to hunt than any mule deer hunt I've ever been on. They are quite a challenge. Besides if you knew any better you would know that Kali has mulies too. Some darn big ones are taken every year. The elk hunting is a very tough draw, but I would give my left nut for a chance to hunt those Tule or Rosevelt elk. Hell I would give both nuts...Anybody with a tag need a pair?? I did draw the Likely Tables Antelope hunt, that was one of the best hunts I ever had. 4-wheeling?? There are plenty of places to go...just stay off the private land and stay within the designated spots. I guess you speak from experience? Perhaps you created some of your own "new" roads?? There are couple of 4-wheeling clubs around that consist of some of the most down to earth folks I ever met. Banned fishing in most places?? Nothing, but a few ugly bass? What does an ugly bass look like? You really didn't make much of an attempt to fish. Kali has some wonderful fishing opportunities...some that I dearly miss. Oh I should mention the duck hunting...anyone willing to put in the time has plenty of opportunities to shoot a lot of duck. At times the duck hunting was downright unreal.

If you are pissed at Kali for your house value tanking...join the club. I hear the violin. It is not only Kali...you want to move to AZ??? I don't think the housing/job market is any better there. I admit the gun stuff is ridiculous...I will give you that. But you can still own a gun and shoot it til your arms fall off. Where the heck did you live in Kali anyways?? Compton??

California is by far one of the most beautiful and diverse states I've ever been too. It has beautiful women, mountains, oceans, lakes etc. I did move to Idaho 6 years ago. I admit I got fed up with the stress of working and living in California. But there were never a shortage of opportunities for outdoor fun. I wanted to try something different and raise a family in a safer/friendlier atmosphere. No I won't be moving back to Kali, but I do go back yearly to see my family and fish for those ugly bass.

Yup! Yup! What he said...
Speaking of exaggeration, check out his comments on the "How bad do I stink" thread. I made a comment there, but I'm glad you called him on this one. I had a sales territory out of Medford,OR that covered down to Red Bluff back around '90. I never hunted CA, but I fished it. And I talked w/ numerous people who did hunt it. So I know a bit about the area, albeit 20 years ago...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back