Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

If you were to move to a state for big game hunting, which one?

StHubert

I am contemplating moving to a lower 48 state, to become a resident for big game hunting. If you could move to any state, which one would you move to. Having access to hunting land would be a consideration as well.

Well, with California gun laws that state would never be a consideration. I have hunted Moose in Alaska, deer in my home state of North Dakota and have hunted deer in Montana. If the lottery gods are with me, I will be hunting Elk in Montana this year.

While Texas is a great hunting state, it doesn't have any public land for hunting that I know off. And who would move just to hunt. I would, but that isn't all I do. I also fish and snowmobile. Life is short, need to make the best of it.

While Texas is a great hunting state, it doesn't have any public land for hunting that I know off. And who would move just to hunt. I would, but that isn't all I do. I also fish and snowmobile. Life is short, need to make the best of it.

Northwestern Wyoming... Beautiful country, plenty of public land, few people and reasonable taxes (no state income tax). And you can do everything you mentioned to your hearts content...

Can't relieve these are the answers.... Lower 48, would have to be between CO, WY, MT, ID. Places you could do a lot of hunting with multiple tags every year. Been trying to make it to one of them myself, sooner than later. And your close to a lot of other states, instead of looking like the Beverly Hillbillies everytime you fly out west ;-)

MT or WY are the obvious choices. Hunt multiple species every year and access to lots of public land.

CO could be in the running. The downside is there are a lot more people. The upside being able to go over to Dinkshooter's place to BBQ and enjoy the scenery:D

Attachments

• P1000033.jpg
    P1000033.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 336
Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back