Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

If you were Eli Grimmett

I have hunted that unit(s) quite a bit. I have never seen anything nearing 80" but have taken some decent MT representative bucks out of there. Couple would no doubt make the stick and string book if I cared to enter... but B&C is probably a pipe dream there.

I've always thought that there should be great numbers of antelope in that unit...It has never made sense to me why I don't see very many when I drive through there

#1 was killed opening AM. We thought for sure we’d be taking the 1st 80” antelope entered from the area, but it appears this is a dwarf subspecies of pronghorn. Looked like a big one on the hoof, stocky and older. Maybe 65# on the hoof. Was no trouble to throw on a pack and carry 1/2 mile. This was the first buck we saw while looking, actually the first antelope. Saw a handful of others that looked about as good but who knows when they are midget sized. Very fun time none the less but I wouldn’t recommend this place at all for antelope guys wanting a big one, or plenty animals to see.

816DEBE8-8BF6-4B89-9337-5850E5C932E5.jpeg

I misjudged him by about 7” in score, probably 10” if an official measurer were to do it.

What’s the guess on score? I just taped it and tried my best to not gift. Tell numbers, length, prong, base etc.

And when it comes to silly long arm instagram fodder pics, here’s another i tallied up tonight. Which one is better? And see if you can decode the bullshittery in the pics. 🙂
For starters mine is the one with the longer skull..
93EC4F5E-3FC3-4C84-88E0-916759DA7062.jpeg

Let's see...my Montana unit so far has yielded no bucks with hooks, mass, or cutters . Maybe I can find a 14" beanstalk.

Back