If you were Eli Grimmett

William Christy

And somebody told you a MT antelope hunt in unit 556 (formerly 512 and 514) was in your future, what would you do?

My quick 5 minute review tells me it's quite a pronghorn area. Where are some stomper (10-12") antelope available to hunt, without worrying about playing the introduce yourself to people who hate you at hello game?

I think there is enough public land to have a good hunt.

Define good hunt - get a 11" buck on blm and have a good time with a pal that has a permit? Or good hunt as in the Eli Grimmett context in the subject?
I’d say good time with a pal. Eli names his bucks.

I think Eli could turn almost any unit into an 84”er.
3 big counties, 2 have the majority of their ground in different units. Of those 3 counties, total of 4 antelope in P&Y. 8 over 80” B&C most recent one about 30 years ago. I wouldn’t normally bet against Eli finding a big one, but I’d remortgage my house for this bet.

3 big counties, 2 have the majority of their ground in different units. Of those 3 counties, total of 4 antelope in P&Y. 8 over 80” B&C most recent one about 30 years ago. I wouldn’t normally bet against Eli finding a big one, but I’d remortgage my house for this bet.
Yeah Eli definitely can judge an antelope better than about anyone but even he can’t make them grow inches. I suspect your spot on. You ask what would Eli do? Same thing about everyone else does that hunts a big mule deer in Montana and knows what one is. EAT IT

He can not do any worse than Doyle did in the Bitterroot on mule deer a few years back.

He can not do any worse than Doyle did in the Bitterroot on mule deer a few years back.
This is not the bitterroot for deer or even the Custer. Possibly even lower grade than the Gallatin for elk.

Eli, no Wyoming, NM, or Arizona, you get CARBON COUNTY WYOMING, MONTANA. 🙂

Finding a nice buck would be like this..

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back