Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

If you put in for 680 ram see this!!!

I draw that tag, I'm gonna call this lady:

MT 21-year wait
December 26, 2012
I took this ram on November 16th, 2012 in 680 Missouri Breaks. It was taken on public land, a do-it-yourself hunt, myself, my husband Steve and friend Bill.

Applied for a sheep tag in Montana, 21 years, finally drew.

We went in by boat on the Missouri River dodging icebergs along the way. Walked about 6 hours seeing quite a display of wildlife drama.

Shot him at 90 yards with my 7mm.

Hasn’t dried the 60 days yet, but should score about 180-185.

http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/...rg/#watch5E6B5834-F422-4326-ADB5-A7A2AE4DD422

Attachments

• Karwaski.jpg
    Karwaski.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 574
What happened to wheelieking? He must be off hunting on his private land.

I pretty sure this group is one of the reasons a large piece of ground I've had permission to shoot ground squirrels on said I "probably" couldn't elk hunt their property if I drew a tag. Always great to see free access get turned into a pay for play situation.

Having grown up in Havre and hunted most of this private land with my dad in the 70s-80s it makes me sick to see this. All these ranches, IX Ranch & Pin Wheel J too name a couple, plus all the hunting rights Faber has bought were all open to hunters back then. It does look like there is a lot of Block Management areas still open in the Bear Paws though. But between Faber and Cowen & Sons Ranch, they have locked up over a million prime acres in the Bear Paws and the Breaks.

My BIL runs cows out there in 680, you can drive up to rams that other guys drool over. I went and helped him gather up his heifers the last couple of years. It is not your typical sheep hunt that requires great physical effort.

Nemont

This is the problem and fallout from I-161..when voters took away outfitter sponsored tags..now they can hunt anywhere and with anyone..hunt clubs are now popping up all over MT! I never used an outfitter..but was against taking their tags away for this reason.

NR hunters drawing a combo license always could hunt anywhere and with anyone. It was only the ones who paid the extra and secured a guaranteed OSL who were required to hunt with that outfitter only in the outfitter's hunting areas.

That's another oldhat I-161 fallout myth, Brandenbowhunter.

Last edited:
I have hard time thinking that there would'nt be hunt clubs and leased land if 161 didn't pass. Has nothing to do with 161 and everything with greed and an outfitter in the Bear Paws with an ego.

I might develop an over-inflated ego also ... if I had hunting control over 500,000 acres of some of Montana's best wildlife habitat.

'Doubt that I'll buy in, but it seems good that at least there is that opportunity for average-joe Montana hunters to buy a little access to those hunting grounds ... if they choose to do so.

If good stewardship of the habitat and good management of the wildlife is the result, I don't begrudge the program succeeding financially.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back