Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

If you could go back to age 25

I was a trout bum when I was 25. Averaged about 150 days on the river sticking big North Platte rainbows & browns, driving crappy rigs, drinking hard with the artist crowd in Casper, WY & in a pretty cruddy relationship.

SO my 20's are a little fuzzy. If I had to do it over again, I'd drink less, leave that relationship and fish more.

That was about 25 years ago for me and was when I quit my job, packed up everything I owned in a Ford Tempo and moved west to Colorado. Would definitely do that all over again.

What I would do differently would be to invest every penny I could find in Microsoft stock - that would have been a genius move!

If you could go back to your mid 20's and be single, no kids, no debt, and have a bachelors degree, what would you do?

Would you start a business, go back to school, runaway and make a living as a drifting hunting guide?

Just curious as to what everyone would say since hunting season is just about over and I would imagine everyone is probably as bored as me this time of year.
When I was 25 I graduated with an M.S. in range ecology. I'd already been married for 4 years and had two kids, had school debt, and subsequently spent about $40,000 to complete an international adoption (with lots of help from family and friends). I've lived and still live in some of the coolest places I can imagine. Wouldn't change a thing, other than maybe giving more away along the way. Can't take it with you of course.

I'm right there currently. Been married 2.5 years now, and were both pursuing our post-bach degrees in the medical field. As of right now, I wouldn't change a thing. I can certainly wish I was still in Montana or elsewhere but hey, this life isn't too bad, and we'll be back in Montana to live out our days before were 30, which is when the fun will really start I suppose!

I’m 29, single, no bachelor degree.
In a perfect world I’ll have most of my debt paid off in about 18 months and I’m seriously considering selling my house, heading west, living in a bivy sack in the bed of my truck and just hoping to F I can find a better way somewhere that has mountains.
It’s not like this cold, flat, blue collar hell wont be waiting for me if I come back 🤷🏼‍♂️
Do it. You're gonna wake up next week and be 48 years old

If you could go back to your mid 20's and be single, no kids, no debt, and have a bachelors degree, what would you do?

Would you start a business, go back to school, runaway and make a living as a drifting hunting guide?

Just curious as to what everyone would say since hunting season is just about over and I would imagine everyone is probably as bored as me this time of year.
I was all this at 24 other than a bachelor’s degree.
At 25 I had moved from Va to MT, married a woman who I would marry again without hesitation, built a little house and started a family.
More hunting and fishing opportunities than I can responsibly justify and a tougher economic climate than I anticipated.
Seventeen years later and I wouldn’t change much at all except maybe try to spend less on nonessentials and not invest so much time and energy into a church community unable to reciprocate.
I would try to train myself to speak less, listen more and invest more emotional energy into the people in my life who truly need me.

I was already married at 25, and wouldn't change that for anything. We celebrated our 25th anniversary this year.

I would have kept our house in Bozeman and rented it out. We sold it for 144k, probably worth four times that now.
Congrats! Suppose you've already had your interesting doctors visit?

Take better care of my body...22 years of Air Force beat me up but I asked for some of it. Jumped off the ramp/troop door to the ground of a c141 too many times to count.

My back and knees show the wear and at 53 I wonder how it will be in 10 years.

Truthfully I would have taken all the money I spent on Beer and Women and
gone to Alaska and never looked back!! Sorry family I would be Az.dust! 〽💥

Take better care of my body...22 years of Air Force beat me up but I asked for some of it. Jumped off the ramp/troop door to the ground of a c141 too many times to count.

My back and knees show the wear and at 53 I wonder how it will be in 10 years.

Brand new, trust me.

Wouldn't change a thing other than wished I had a clue about western hunting.
So I guess I'd say I'd got into any and all points building I could at that time.

Do whatever you want. Life is gonna come at you very fast. If you're not careful, you'll end up 35, divorced and a weekend dad. (No, not autobiographical- but I sure saw a lot of it...)

Go have fun, learn new things and places, travel and meet interesting people. Get married later in life. Buy all the guns you'll ever want before you get married. It's not about her not "allowing" you to do/buy what you want, its about shifting priorities as we age and mature.

But for the next 5 years, my advice would be to SAY YES. To what? Everything.
Wanna go to Paris? YES
Wanna go DIY float hunt in Montana? YES!
Wanna put in for antelope in New Mexico? YES!
Wanna go ice fishing? YES
Wanna go have a cup of coffee? YES
Wanna interview for a new job? YES

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain at this point. That will change. Take advantage.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back